Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first post as newbie 987 owner.. so hello from England.:)

P1070046 (800x600).jpg

Just wondering what the consensus is on fitting a Pedalbox to the Boxster?

What are your experiences? I'm considering fitting one as the pick-up for overtaking in third is so slow (I have the 2.7 engine) and I find myself changing down to second which seems crazy in a sports car.

I'm guessing that this wouldn't be such a problem in the S - which presumably has more grunt - but I'd like to improve things on my 2.7.

HH

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've never used one but all they do is remap the gas pedal i.e if you push the pedal to 30% it gives a 40% output but at the end 100% is still 100%, you can get the same results by pushing the gas pedal a little farther, up to 100%. seems like a waste to me however a lot of people seem to like them.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
You can add Hot Sauce to the fuel tank. One bottle per full tank. Some add one table spoon of black pepper but you need to have a cat-less exhaust otherwise it'll sneeze on sunny days.

:taunt:

Welcome to P9 and to Porsche... as other members said, it feels good but doesn't really make an overall difference. The black pepper that is. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
HH, are you talking about a product like "Sprint Booster?" I put one in a few weeks ago and it's nice. I have an S 987, and MT....but, I think I may switch it out for the AT version which is supposed to be a little less sensitive. It can get a little jumpy if your throttle use is not smooth. I read that 2.7guys really love them. Lots of threads on Sprint Booster here. Mike

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi,

This is my first post as newbie 987 owner.. so hello from England.:)

Just wondering what the consensus is on fitting a Pedalbox to the Boxster?

What are your experiences? I'm considering fitting one as the pick-up for overtaking in third is so slow (I have the 2.7 engine) and I find myself changing down to second which seems crazy in a sports car.

I'm guessing that this wouldn't be such a problem in the S - which presumably has more grunt - but I'd like to improve things on my 2.7.

HH
Welcome aboard HH!

I purchased a PedalBox for my wife's Golf R—I really like it. It was less expensive and has far more adjustability than the Sprint Booster. The PedalBox has three basic settings besides off, namely, sport, sport plus, and eco. All improve the throttle response to varying degrees. Within each basic setting you can adjust the pedal sensitivity up or down three steps as well. As a result, you can truly fine tune it to your preferences.

That said, the PedalBox will not improve the pick-up per se when overtaking. When you mash the pedal, there will be no difference in acceleration using the PedalBox or not. The PedalBox is most noticeable at part throttle, as it functions along the lines of what Fingers wrote.

If your Boxster is a 2005 or 2006, then you can upgrade the plenum and throttle body to that in a Cayman or Cayman S rather inexpensively and improve the performance of your car. See the following article here on Planet-9: 75mm TB and Cayman Plenum upgrade for 987 - Articles. The article also provides dynamometer proof of substantial gains in torque across a broad RPM range. It, along with a set of catless headers and an ECU remap, added some serious grunt to my 2006 Boxster S.

Hope this helps some.

·
Incurable Gearhead
993 Posts
847 Posts
Hello HedgehogX,

Welcome to the forum! The pedalbox has definitely been shown to offer an improvement to many of the members on this forum. It is usually one of the first modifications to be done, although if you are looking for more "grunt" an upgraded exhaust system, intake, and/or tune will help you with some power in 3rd gear so you don't have to keep downshifting into 2nd gear. Take a look at our website and the significant power gains we have seen on your vehicle.

Good look with the vehicle and let me know if there is anything I can do to lend you a hand with your project!

http://www.fabspeed.com/987-2005-2008/

Best regards,

John Gaydos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts