Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this happen to their leather seats? I have no idea why the leather appears to be flaking off. I always get in very carefully and I will say that I never carry anything in my pockets that would cause this. It is near the bottom of the side bolster.

My car has 3700 miles on it and is just over 2 years old. The rest of the leather is perfectly fine. I sent a picture to my dealership to see if anything can be done.

Red Pink Lip Close-up Magenta

·
Registered
898 Posts
Probably lack of use. :). The 981 I sold was 4.5 years old and 45k miles. No wear but also was black not full leather. Although I think that part is leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff78

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitely would like to use it more! haha. The weather around here has been cold and wet and our winters are very long.

That part where it is peeling is leather. I wonder if the natural leather is not as durable as standard leather?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Had the same on mine, presume it must have been caught by something - a belt loop, zip, shoe?? Anyway, my local detailer was able to repair for under £100. You have to really look to find it now.

MY17 Macan S, MY16 Cayman GTS

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes that is definitely a gouge in the leather from something on pants. I also have natural leather and have scuffed mine up on both that bolster and the steering wheel from getting in and out.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm sure it can be repaired but probably not under warranty. It looks too much like a scratch from something as opposed to a workmanship flaw. But good luck!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Yep. That's a scrape, so not a warranty issue. You have to be very careful how you get into the car. Could have been somebody else. Or just having the wrong pants on one careless entry. I lever myself in and out of the car, so zero contact with the seat. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.