Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone, so going in for my first oil change and my indy would not stop talking about Pentosin. Have found almost no information on this brand but my indy works on all high end European cars in the Pensacola area(pilots have to have nice cars right?) so when he said he put it in a Maserati and Ferrari I believed him. Has anyone run this oil and if so any experiences you mind sharing?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
its a euro brand that you can buy by bulk.. so more profit for indy.. there is a website that compares all the oils. see hows your oil does compared to another brand.. can somebody chime in on this..

lemon

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Good afternoon everyone, so going in for my first oil change and my indy would not stop talking about Pentosin. Have found almost no information on this brand but my indy works on all high end European cars in the Pensacola area(pilots have to have nice cars right?) so when he said he put it in a Maserati and Ferrari I believed him. Has anyone run this oil and if so any experiences you mind sharing?
The power steering fluid in our cars (987.2 and prior) is Pentosin, but not the oil.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Searching online, it looks like Pentosin does have a line of motor oils. Didn't know that....
If you use the stuff, be sure that it carries an A40 certification which indicates it is Porsche approved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts