Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in purchasing one of the new 2011 Cayenne S models due at the dealers in July. Does anyone have any idea what the expected discount from list price one should expect on the new Porsche Cayenne model?

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
You're lucky to get a discount... I checked here (out of curiosity) two weeks ago with the dealer as the launch is within the month of May. He told me we have 18 being shipped, all are sold out long time ago at ridiculous high prices as we have a very long waiting list for the new Cayennes :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was also wondering the same.
I'm hoping to get a deal on a 2011 Cayenne V6. I'll be heading to the dealership this month. I hope it's not a very long waiting list at the dealership I'm heading to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can tell you that inspite of very tight allocations I was able to get a nice discount but mostly because I have a good relationship with my local dealership. I will not discount the % as I promised to not tell the world as all dealers are trying to maximize there profits. In my experience you have to be a serious buyer, negotiate hard, be ready to sign on the spot if you get what you want and make sure you are talking with a salesman who has influence with the GM and will fight for you for the best deal.

Of course when you get a nice discount you trypically use the savings to buy more options so they make up the loss with a higher sale value which they get profits on all of those expensive options.

By the way the option bundles they are offering on the 2011 models is wonderful with 30% off. This deal is covered in several of the other recent posts.

Maybe I should have gotten a hitch to tow my Cayman S? Not!

Maybe I can fit the Cayenne with giant tires and sell Everglades swamp rides on the weekends to pay for the darn thing.:banana:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5% off MRSP.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My local dealer - Aristocrat Motors - has some sitting on the lot not moving, so they may be inclined to deal, but I haven't checked. Mike Diaz is the person to ask if you are interested, tell him I sent you. 913-677-3300.
I wonder if the fear of a double dip recession and the down economy has slackened the demand for the new model Cayenne? The new 2011 model is purported to be much better than the outgoing model, but remains very expensive for a "truck". Maybe buyers are holding out for a better deal? Or maybe buyers are opting for the Panamera over the Cayenne, for the Panamera had surpassed the Cayenne as Porsche's best selling model in the US in April. For the family car, the price point of the S, Hybrid and Turbo Cayenne competes directly with the Panamera. Unless one needs the snow clearance of the SUV, the Panamera is a great alternative, albeit at a lofty price point for a sedan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.