Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Just like to thank all those who commented on the Sprint Booster, I pulled the trigger and purchased the auto version for my soon to be arriving 6MT. Because it was being sent to OZ from the US I decided to go for the auto in case the manual was too aggressive.
Also GMP are great to deal with.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I owned an M3 E46 before this car as my daily driver. The cayman S certainly drives better than the M3 but I did notice a lag in acceleration as compared to the M3. This product has taken care of that. I installed this yesterday. Took 10 minutes total. What a difference it makes. It is like a whole new car. I have sport chrono and do not notice as large of a difference between sport and non sport modes as I used to but there is still a slight change. The sport mode opens the sports exhaust fully, lowers the car and stiffens the suspension too, so you do get a noticeable change there. I have the manual version on my manual 6sp. It is not overly touchy. A good mod for sure. Not sure how it will affect fuel consumption but I will be testing that this week with the daily commute.

·
Registered
519 Posts
OK, Some one asked about what it was like with a TPC turbo and Sprint Booster.

We bought this in hopes that it would help with the below 2500 RPM slow corners. We have also added the Geddy Boost Controller.

I bought the Automatic version as I did not want the gas pedal to be to sensitive

Unfortunately, this is exactly what happened. With the boost control on, the gas pedal was way to touchy. Kind of reminded me of my step moms nissan. Just way to sensitive for me and my wife.

So it is now forsale :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey guys, Ken, thanks for the detailed review. I have made an independent post in the Sponsors forum with the links to our site. The pricing has been updated with the special pricing. Here is the link: http://www.planet-9.com/site-vendors-sponsors/29967-sprint-booster-your-cayman-available-gmp-performance.html

The Sprint Booster is such a difference from when you can literally "bounce" the throttle and not get any response to tapping the throttle and getting a much quicker response.
Exactly what I need. I blip the throttle when downshifting my stock '08 CS and I swear the RPM's increase by maybe 100-200 when "by feel" I would expect a rise of 500-600.

·
The 2006-08 Cayman LED spar guy!
6,013 Posts
Sprint Booster manual vs. automatic versions

In my previous post in this thread (see 7/24/09) I stated my complete satisfaction with the manual version Sprint Booster as used in my 2007 CS six-speed manual. Although I was perfectly happy with it on the street, after six days on the track I've reconsidered my opinion.

I found the manual version to be too abrupt on initial throttle-plate tip-in. The automatic version's initial tip-in is just a bit more subdued and doesn't disturb the car's weight distribution as much through the corners.

Regards,

Joe

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello Steve, what is the 50%/100% switch? Joe
I think he is referring to the latest model of Sprint Booster that comes with a manual (selectable) switch between factory, sport and race settings. I'm assuming it must tuck in somewhere near the pedal and you pull it out when you want to change the settings listed below.

The three indicator lights on the switch are:

No light = factory settings

Green light = sport program

Red light = race program

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/detail.cfm?year=2006&make=Porsche&model=Cayman&engine=Gas

·
Registered
126 Posts
Correct, im referring to the new version with the 3 mode switch. I have just bought it and will install it as soon as i get my car back from the body shop. Im currently getting the NR auto GT3 bumper installed. I am just hoping the new switch will allow for a much milder throttle curve.

Thanks

I think he is referring to the latest model of Sprint Booster that comes with a manual (selectable) switch between factory, sport and race settings. I'm assuming it must tuck in somewhere near the pedal and you pull it out when you want to change the settings listed below.

The three indicator lights on the switch are:

No light = factory settings

Green light = sport program

Red light = race program

Sprint Booster For Porsche Cayman

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Please keep us posted on what you think of it. I'm thinking about putting this on my list of things to get. The only thing holding me back is the cost.

-Moto

Correct, im referring to the new version with the 3 mode switch. I have just bought it and will install it as soon as i get my car back from the body shop. Im currently getting the NR auto GT3 bumper installed. I am just hoping the new switch will allow for a much milder throttle curve.

Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
I emailed Stephen today at GMP regarding pricing for Planet 9 members.

Maybe another "group buy" is in order?

I really like the remote switch option. Whomever installs it first, please post a review.

·
Registered
213 Posts

I really like the remote switch option. Whomever installs it first, please post a review.
Here's the response I received today from Stephen at GMP performance regarding a new "Group Buy" on the latest version of the Sprint Booster with the new selectable mode switch.

Hello jay. I am planning something now actually. We are wrapping up our current group buy and am ready to do this one.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
So you folks that have one of the NEW Sprint Boosters, PLEASE post a review ASAP. It would really facilitate our confidence in a second group buy.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I'd be in on this group buy if the price is right.

-Moto

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey guys, I have actually contacted Ken earlier about doing something again. As soon as I get a chance to speak with him, I want to release something for the new versions.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts