Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys, have anyone of you tried Sprint Booster on a Softronic reflash Cayman S with Chrono mode on all the time ?

Is it recommended ? I am just afraid that both of them will interfere each others

Kenny

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
I thought I read there were a couple of people that have both and have had no issues with either and like it.

-Moto

Hi guys, have anyone of you tried Sprint Booster on a Softronic reflash Cayman S with Chrono mode on all the time ?

Is it recommended ? I am just afraid that both of them will interfere each others

Kenny

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
Hey guys, I have been speaking with the Sprint Booster people and here is what we have all been looking for. It is analytical data to support the Sprint Booster. It is not on the Cayman but it is a conceptual answer.
The upper lines in the graph are "g" and the lower two are MPH....

I agree with the above results. I installed the new adjustable model last Friday before going to Sebring. Big difference! The CS really responds to input from the right foot. I find it very drivable in the 100% (red) mode.

·
Registered
284 Posts

Kenny
Hey Kenny, I have sold a number of these to guys with the flashes and they have been really happy. We still have a 30 day money back if you want to invest a little bit of your time to find out for yourself.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey guys, I have been speaking with the Sprint Booster people and here is what we have all been looking for. It is analytical data to support the Sprint Booster. It is not on the Cayman but it is a conceptual answer.
The upper lines in the graph are "g" and the lower two are MPH....

I agree with the above results. I installed the new adjustable model last Friday before going to Sebring. Big difference! The CS really responds to input from the right foot. I find it very drivable in the 100% (red) mode.
Hey Michael, there has been a lot of dyno testing going on to determine if the units make power as well. We should be able to post up more graphs with additional analytical data soon.

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
Hey Michael, there has been a lot of dyno testing going on to determine if the units make power as well. We should be able to post up more graphs with additional analytical data soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, look forward to it. The CS feels faster.

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
Hey Michael, there has been a lot of dyno testing going on to determine if the units make power as well. We should be able to post up more graphs with additional analytical data soon.
I look forward to an explanation of how a device which essentially just electronically modifies the throttle response, can increase engine HP/Torque . . . :confused:

. . . The CS feels faster.
[emphasis by me]

I think "feels" is the operative word here. ;)

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
I look forward to an explanation of how a device which essentially just electronically modifies the throttle response, can increase engine HP/Torque . . . :confused:

[emphasis by me]

I think "feels" is the operative word here. ;)

While I am not sure if it is possible to increase HP w/Sprint Booster, I think it is possible that it could make the CS faster. For example, better throttle response is a big help on several of the 17 turns at Sebring. Last weekend I ran laps 0.5 to as much as 0.9 faster than normal. While there were a lot of external factors like traffic and a hot slick track, the only new mod was the Sprint Booster (I did have new Pagid Yellows in all four corners).

Also, in some cases perception (in this case feel) is reality!

·
Registered
415 Posts
We have lots of satisfied customers using a sprint booster, many on this forum. Have one in our own car and love it.

It works well with the Softronic flash, as that is what we have in our own car as well.

However, it will NOT make more power period, and the suggestion that it would is well, umm,..... :crazy: Doing a dyno pull to test it would be a complete waste of money. Your car will feel faster for sure, your regular foot movement will generate a greater throttle plate openning which will make the car feel faster. You are simply changing the relationship between throttle pedal angle and throttle plate (butterfly) angle, nothing more.

The Sprintbooster gave our own Cayman S very similar throttle RESPONSE to our twin plugged high compression 911 race motor with ITBs on it..... This does make the car easier to drive on the street and track, for us. But it is subjective, I am used to that sort of throttle response while on track.

We still have a special on this product for Planet-9 members, feel free to email or PM with any questions, we will be happy to give you a straight forward and honest answer.

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi , just wondering will it be too sensitive if i apply the Sprint Booster on a Softronic Reflash car with Sport Chrono On all the time?

My frd 06 Cayman felt it too sensitive when he installed the Sprint Booster on his newly reflash car with sport mode on all the time

Any comments guys?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is an ancient thread, but just put in the Sprint Booster and wanted to comment...

By nature, I'm a skeptic. When I first bought a Sprint Booster for my previous 996.2 C2 six speed, I was dubious to say the least. But I bought it from Amazon which had a great return policy and it was on sale, so I figured I'd give it a try. Turns out I loved it and kept it on till the day I sold the car. It just 'wakes up' the car.

Fast-forward to my purchase last year of a 2008 Cayman S with Tiptronic and Sport Chrono. Honestly, the tip was a bit of an experiment to see if I could get my wife a bit more interested in performance driving and she doesn't drive stick. But boy, was the tip pissing me off. Without putting it in Sport mode, it was hugely lazy unless you completely nailed the throttle, and the ridiculous second gear start was driving me nuts.

Far better in Sport mode, but it still had lazy on second gear starts without flooring it or putting it in full manual (which then kills auto upshifts if you are in sport). Not ideal for around town.

I hesitated to get the Sprint Booster for the Cayman because:

1. I couldn't find a deal on one (paid about $225 new for the 996, Cayman S was $300)
  2. Didn't think it would make as much difference with Sport Chrono
  3. Didn't think it would fix what I hated about the Tip, and was sure I was going to sell it this Spring
Well, I'm happy to report that it works FANTASTIC on a Cayman S Tiptronic with Sport Chrono... It has positive effect for the type of driving *I* like to do in both Sport and regular mode.

Specifically:
  • You don't have to always put it in Sport mode as soon as you start the car to feel like your driving a Porsche.
  • You can now instantly put it back in first when taking off with a quick but mild press on the throttle.
  • You can now instantly put the car back in the power band without having to put your foot to the floor.
  • The car is finally FUN to drive without being on a fast back road in full manual.
  • There still is a shifting/throttle/performance difference between sport and regular, but the car is more fun in either mode!
Ten thumbs up for this silly little overpriced gadget that really shouldn't do much, but in fact is IMHO the far and away BEST mod I've done to either my 996 or Cayman S!

So much improvement that instead of completely bailing on the tip and selling the car, I'm going to keep it. At least until the next shiny Porsche-shaped object grabs my attention...

161 - 174 of 174 Posts