Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Porsche Financier
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Performance Friction PFC-97 compound (endurance racing) pads from Porterfield today for my '06 CS [part # 776.16.44] - and I was told PF is discontinuing this compound. I don't know if they're discontinuing it for this part, for porsche or all together.

They wouldn't take my order until they checked stock; They had 4 sets, now they have 3.

This will be my first exposure to this compound ... supposed to be great for DE days. Hopefully it will be some time before I need to find a replacement.

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
I just tried a set of 97s for the first time, at a DE this past weekend and I was pretty impressed. They seem to perform as well as the Pagid yellows, and while they produced a lot more brake dust (than the Pagids), they showed very little wear after 8 hard sessions. Hmmm, might have to order another set before they're all gone . . .

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the PFC 97 compound was changed slightly about 5 years back. More recent batches seemed more aggressive, harder on the rotors, and created a lot of dust (F.P.A. to get off wheels if it got wet and then hot again, it just seemed to bake on and had to be scraped off). Also a little more difficult to modulate, less progressive.
I switched to the Pagid Blacks on my M3 track car and to the Yellows on my wife's CS and we have never looked back. Much better modulation, less dust, and less rotor wear/grooving.
Tom

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Resisting the dark side. In spite of Craig offering to get me a set of Pagids same day I decided to try Hawk DCT-60s. Will I regret it... will see.

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Do not resist. You are drawn to the pads the professional teams use....
Precisely.....PFC01s! ;) Everyone I know whose tried them stuck with them. I've used yellows blacks orange, hawk blues, carbotechs, ferodos, and even porterfield's own brew the R4 and S. PFC01s work best for me and now craig sells them so you can get them from a sponsor!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told there is a new pad called PFC06 that is supposed to be between the 97s and the 01s. Anybody tried them or know about them?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm running the PFC 06 on a Cayman S. I previously ran Hawk HT-10 on a 2.7 Cayman. The PFC does not have the initial bite of the Hawks and it took some time to get used to them. I believe the 06 is an endurance compound similar to the Pagid Yellows. I am trying them in the hopes of reduced rotor wear. After 6 track days, I'm starting to like them. I will be switching them out for street pads this week and will report my findings.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I switched out the PFC 06 for street pads today. There was no noticeable rotor wear and minimal pad wear. I have six track days on these, 3 @ Thunderbolt, 1 @ Lightning, and 2 @ Summit Point Main. I run advanced/intructor group. Now that I'm used to them, I think they are keepers for DE use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts