Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
With my radio off, it will turn itself on automatically in my 2011 987.2 when I'm driving. Not a big problem but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and what the problem might be.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the radio never crashes. When I have the radio off, it comes back on by itself. It happens all the time. I also cannot get FM stations in an urban area.

·
330 Posts
Not sure about the FM issues (maybe something with the wiring has gone wonky?) but I have to ask how your battery is? If it's original, it's well past replacement time... but anything 5+ years is suspect... those would be my first recommendations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always have a battery tender charging when not in use, but a new battery might be something to look into. As stated, it's not that big a deal but was curious if anyone else has experienced it.

·
330 Posts
Battery tender helps extend the life, but if you're on the original battery, you've gotten 11 years out of it, which is WELL beyond the life of the battery. There's actually a thread on the 981 where people are running into issues after about 8 years even with tenders.

These cars are quite sensitive to old batteries... if you're really at 11 years, then I definitely think you need to change the battery anyway. As I implied before, if you're at 5+ years, I think it's time anyway (tender or no-tender).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts