Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

by: pushtiulk

Description: I thought that is a good thing if every detailing enthusiast or every man who wants to become a detailer, will know few things from well-know detailers. So, I've decided to take interviews. First interview is with Phil, the owner of Detailer's Domain, a detailer from Norwood, NJ, and also a sponsor of this forum. PushtiulK: Tell us a few words about yourself...? [email protected]'s Domain: I'm Phil from Detailer's Domain PushtiulK: What made you start in detailing business? Phil: I love this stuff! PushtiulK: What year did you start selling detailing products? Phil: 2005 PushtiulK: What car do you drive? Phil: Porsche 911 Turbo (02), Audi S4 (10), VW R32 (08) PushtiulK: How often do you detail your car? Phil: I try to wash them weekly, I do full out paint corrections once a year if needed PushtiulK: What detailing product do you like the most? Phil: I like everything we carry ;) PushtiulK: Do you remember what was the first detailing product sold by you? Can you tell us about it? Phil: Adam’s Polishes. PushtiulK: What low cost detailing product you like the most? Phil: Adam’s Polishes PushtiulK: Can you describe the experience the first time you detailed? Phil: I guess I was 12 and started to clean my parent’s cars. I loved it even though I didn’t really know what I was doing. PushtiulK: How important is cleaning, paint correction and protection? Phil: I believe its very important. I don’t believe many know what it is, I feel that we should be educating owners what it is, if they understand that’s great. PushtiulK: Do you prefer the wax applications by hand or by applicators and how many layers of wax should we use in your opinion? Phil: I wax by hand and seal with an orbital. I apply very thin coats, a few coats should be fine. PushtiulK: How many hours did it take for you to make your longest detail process? Phil: 80 hours I believe. PushtiulK: What does it take to be a very good detailer? Phil: Not sure I’m still trying to figure that out. PushtiulK: What should a newby do to become a good detailer? Phil: They should have the basics down, wash, clay, polish, wax. PushtiulK: In detailling, what do you think the most common errors are? Phil: I believe wetsanding/polishing are the most common areas. PushtiulK: Do you think steam wash and waterless wash are benefic for the car? Phil: I do but I would prefer a pressure washer when I can. PushtiulK: What other activities do you enjoy doing when you are not detailing or selling products? Phil: Cooking PushtiulK: How did you learned to polish? Phil: I started to clean cars at an early age starting with my parents BMW’s and Mercedes’, eventually I went to an orbital and then a rotary. PushtiulK: The care you like is ..... because ..... Phil: Bugatti – not sure I need to say more :) PushtiulK: The car you like to detail is ..... because .... Phil: Porsche 911’s Thank you Phil!

More...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts