Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does anyone near Philadelphia know of a good car wash? I've driven all over, haven't seen one yet that is deserving of my baby.

Most of the ones I see are poorly maintained or auto washes. I'm just looking for a self service place with clean water and looks like the owner has been there in the last 5 years.

I don't have the option of the washing it in a driveway. I'd drive as far as 25 miles to wash the car, if I knew it was worth it.

·
Northeast Caymans
478 Posts
The only type of car wash I would consider taking my car to is a touchless one...we just don't have any in Jersey that I know of (or at least in my area). I've nevery seen one, but hear they are good.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Hey Pointnumber1. I just sent you a PM re one I've used for over 30 years. Not too far by still likely a half hour away.Hope it helps.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Budman, thanks. I can't believe how many poor car washes there are, and how many people I see using them.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
There's a newer car wash with self service bays in Bucks County just south of the intersection of Bristol Rd. and Rt.611 on northbound side of 611. Everytime I have been there (mostly in the winter) the owner is out and about. He even came up to me once and asked me to try out a new type of bursh they were considering installing. Good place.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is a car wash that will hand wash your car. Its just down the road from Don Rosen Porsche and behind the Cadilac (can't spell the name, hate the cars) dealer. Its the same one DR uses to detail their cars for delivery. I think its ~ $30. When I worked in King of Prussia I had it done there often.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Budman: Didn't see your PM... could you resend it?

going-cayman: thanks, next chance I get I'll make the trip up.

scwaters: I've seen that place before. I'm always weary of hand wash places. Seen quite a few employees at other ones drop rags on the pavement and then use it on the car. :eek: $30 is a bit high for a car wash, but if they are good, I will defintely consider it.

There used to be a self service place down the road by the mitsubishi dealership, that I took my lesser ride to. It was hardly up to snuff, but it was the closest one I could find at the time.

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Sorry. I must have done something wrong. I resent PM info. Look now and let me know if it comes through.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
where in Philly? There are a bunch west of the city. Dukes in Frazer is a decent touchless one. I take my BMW to Pete's in West Chester -- $3 for a wash. I don' take the Cayman there because I don't trust my 19"s in the track, but the BMW is none the worse for wear. Self-washing the Cayman is a snap though, but I guess you wouldn't be asking if this was an option for you....

·
Registered
159 Posts
I sit there and watch them wash the car, No dropped rags. Too many Porsches going through for them to be lazy. same guy did it each time and I tipped him well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts