Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Porsche of the Mainline recently opened up a new photo studio & clear bra paint protection service. They also offer detailing. $249 for their complete vehicle detail package seems reasonable, but I guess I'm a little gun shy about going to the dealer for this sort of thing. I blame you guys! Anyhow, those of you in PA... care to weigh in?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I am not in PA, but just over the river in NJ. I bought my license plate bracket from Porsche of the Mainline.

You will find almost (key word=almost) unanimous agreement that the dealer should never be allowed to even wash your car when it goes in for service, let alone a full detail package.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... that is what I suspected.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Hey Lapis, Budman here. The brand new facility at Main Line seems way beyond the typical, wash it along with the oil change mode most dealers have. I didn't get to the meeting that was held there but I think it's worth a call if I were you. My understanding is it is not only a detail shop but a photo sudio as well, all in a separate facility, for those interested in profesional photos of their cars. I wouldn't just write it off without checking, including stopping in for a look.:cheers:

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I'm actually going to Porsche of the Mainline tomorrow morning as part of one of their promotions. I get to put the car up on a lift and perform a complete XX point inspection with a Porsche tech.....and get a wash. lol. (I actually took a day off of work to do this!) Hey.....I take my car through the car wash a couple times a month. The dealer wash is probably better for it. :)

I'm bringing my check book for a 981 Spyder too. Wife nixed that deal....but just in case she calls me on my drive up (crossing fingers!) and says she changed her mind, I will be prepared! :)

Reactions: Laaaaaaaaapis981

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Just be careful of the big time scrape hazard going into their driveway! It is a [email protected] of a pitch. If you look at the roadway there you see a million scrape marks. They need to fix that...

·
4,088 Posts
Just be careful of the big time scrape hazard going into their driveway! It is a [email protected] of a pitch. If you look at the roadway there you see a million scrape marks. They need to fix that...
Yeah....I've seen them. I remember pulling out of their driveway for one of their road rallies last year. I was trying to show off too much with my PSE and left one of those scrap marks. lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
The entrance is that way to get more work for the service department.

It is hard to believe it used to be even worse than it is now. But yes, they really do need to do something about it.

·
4,088 Posts
I pulled up today for the service department entrance....parked right behind a 991. His license plate was a PA plate "TYPE 991"

A man after my own heart. My service advisor even commented. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts