Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The usual Nor'Easter suspects hit the New York Auto show yesterday and here are the results.

The photo uploader somehow jumbled the sequence up so my planned narrative of the photos was tossed.

But I'm sure you can all figure out a way to deal with the photos out of sequence! :hilarious:

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hello Pete. Nice Job.

The young ladies in the white dresses get a lot of attention in your photo shoot. We understand.

Do you guys advise going on a saturday. Will it be too crowded to enjoy. My only time available. I would catch Metro NOrth and walk over to the center.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you do on a Sat. or Sunday, go EARLY and plan to get in right at the open. Once it gets around noon time, it'll be a zoo and not much fun. It was pretty bad even yesterday within 90 minutes of the doors opening.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I knew this post would generate some talk. ;)

Hello Pete. Nice Job.

The young ladies in the white dresses get a lot of attention in your photo shoot. We understand.

Do you guys advise going on a saturday. Will it be too crowded to enjoy. My only time available. I would catch Metro NOrth and walk over to the center.

·
Registered
446 Posts
pete... you didn't let us down with those shots ! very nice, are those two ladies twins ? or at least sisters, wow ! you guys don't waste any time ,first day ! hope to get there Thurs. any tips for must sees, thats cars I mean ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pete: Great photos. Thanks. Going to the show tomorrow with the kids. Looking forward to viewing the new Cayenne. Hope I'm not too distracted by the other enticing sights.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Some yummy ones there.

That has to be the WORST paint job I have ever seen on an Aston Martin!!

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Nice pics. I wish they had something like that in the DC area!

Thanks for sharing.

-Moto

·
Premium Member
424 Posts

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Pete,

I see Tim Cupp and Paul Gregor of Porsche in that shot with the Boxster Spyder where TIm is installing the top. Did anyone ask Tim (he heads up sports cars at PCNA) about a similar version of the Cayman?? :)

Like the rear end shot of that one "model" ;)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pete,

I see Tim Cupp and Paul Gregor of Porsche in that shot with the Boxster Spyder where TIm is installing the top. Did anyone ask Tim (he heads up sports cars at PCNA) about a similar version of the Cayman?? :)

Like the rear end shot of that one "model" ;)
I know PCay60 was lobbying the Porsche reps hard for a Cayman version of the Spyder! ;)

mpollard, what day were you at the show? Looks like they switch out some of the "models" at that booth, I may need to return now!

Let me know if you're still in NY this weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
O.k. guys, my wife says CARS is just an acronym for "Chicks And Rear Shots". BTW Pete, great photos, what's the camera/lens. Wifey has a blog featuring the latest Houston Coffee and Cars event http://www.thebunnybungalow.com and also see the event website http://www.coffeeandcarshouston.com.
:dance:
Thank you gasman. Camera is a Nikon D200 with a SB-800 flash and 18-70mm kit lens. If you check my gallery out, you can see that I normally don't photograph people at all, so this was quite a change for me! I guess I had the proper motivation. ;)

PistolPete's Misc. Cayman Event Photos - Photo Gallery

Nice to see these cars and coffee type events taking off around the country.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.