Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in love w/ the optional 19" Carrera II wheels on the Porsche website, but haven't seen many on "real life" Caymans.
Any pics of owners rides w/ them would be much appreciated!
I'm hoping to have a guards red CS w/ these rims over the next year, so I thought I'd tease myself in the mean time ;)
Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in love w/ the optional 19" Carrera II wheels on the Porsche website, but haven't seen many on "real life" Caymans.
Any pics of owners rides w/ them would be much appreciated!
I'm hoping to have a guards red CS w/ these rims over the next year, so I thought I'd tease myself in the mean time ;)
Thanks!
x 2! anyone with these wheels in black and lowered suspension?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here are mine:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lookin great thanks everyone!! I love those wheels!

Anyone w/ a guards red?

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
Spacers are required for these wheels to fit the Cayman, correct? If so, what size spacers are used?

I've recently seen these wheels (on a white Gen II 997) in black with a polished stainless rim and loved the look!

Thanks for any info!

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Spacers are required for these wheels to fit the Cayman, correct? If so, what size spacers are used?

I've recently seen these wheels (on a white Gen II 997) in black with a polished stainless rim and loved the look!

Thanks for any info!
They're optional on 2009+ cars. (Which is why all of the cars above are genIIs.) I'd imagine that those don't need spacers at all. You likely need them if you're buying 911 fitment wheels.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
They're optional on 2009+ cars. (Which is why all of the cars above are genIIs.) I'd imagine that those don't need spacers at all. You likely need them if you're buying 911 fitment wheels.
I don't have spacers and they are fine.
In doing a bit more research I have found the Carrera S II wheels are of different widths and offset for the 911 and 987, so if I could get the 987 wheel there would be no fitment issues at all...

...except you can only get the wheels as a factory (Exclusive) option, so unless I can find someone who ordered these from the factory and then decided they didn't want them, I'm out of luck!

Oh well...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone watch "Parenthood" last night on NBC? There was a scene where one of the couples was having a guy over for dinner, and in the background it showed him getting out of a 997 w/ the Carrera II wheels on it------I was drooling on the flatscreen! I excitingly informed my wife that those are the rims I'm getting on my CS--she wasn't quite as enthused :kiss:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.