Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone have a close up picture of how the seat belt mounts to the seat brackets in the OEM bucket seats for GT2 / Cayman R?

Just want to make sure I'm doing it properly as I'm relocating the bolt from the car's chassis behind the seats to the brackets. I want to make sure I have the washers and the bearing-looking thing sorted properly. Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not sure I follow you... when I installed these seats, I re-attached the factory 3 point belt to the same chassis point. There are bolts on the GT2 seat that you can use as belt attachment points, which I used for my 6-points, but the factory belt is essentially unchanged from it's original (other than now being routed through the opening down by the hip).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here's a quick picture. Hope it helps. If you still have questions I think thefsm shows the washer stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Übermensch: thanks for that pic. The exactly what I need. Thanks for showing me that

BE455 : Ya. Your way of doing it also works. However, I adjust my seats forward and backward when I get in and out of the car. So if I leave the anchor at the chassis, it creates quite a bit of wear and tear at the lower part of the seat belt. By anchoring the bottom of the seat belt to the seat instead, you could minimize the wear. I just didn't know what order the washers/bearings etc should go in earlier

anyway? Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts