Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
After an extensive search over the last 3-4 months I am now officially a Cayman owner. I sold my 88 Carrera 8 long years ago and have missed having a Porsche since. I struggled like many with the 997 vs Cayman vs Cayman S and after much contemplation I think I made the best choice for me. I picked up a 2012 CPO base with 18k miles from Auto Palace in Pittsburgh. Jaison was very easy to deal with and was exceptionally honest about the car's condition. After getting me an over rev report Friday I put a deposit down and drove up first thing today to get the car. I was very anxious to actually see the car as I have never purchased anything sight unseen. The car is flawless as advertised, I cannot even find a single scratch, underside looks new, interior is 10/10. I went back and forth on buying a CPO vs not and decided with my luck I should get a CPO car.

It was a long day, I left Roanoke VA at 0445 and returned home just after 6 pm. I did enjoy some of West Virginia's best country roads on the way home and I am absolutely thrilled with how well the car performed. I was worried I would miss not having the S and I think for me, using the car as a daily driver, the base is going to be a perfect match for my driving style (very spirited). Tomorrow is going to be detail day as the car got pretty nasty on the way home. If anyone in Southern VA would like to get together let me know. I plan to join the local PCA this week. Hopefully this fall I can do a DE at VIR or Summit Point. I also hope to do all my own maintenance too, I used to really enjoy wrenching on my Carrera.

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congratulations, it looks beautiful. See you at VIR this fall. I need to start looking for DE's in August or September myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congrats and fine looking Cayman you have there.

And of course more HP/TQ is a good thing, but unless you are going to make your living with that 6/10 of a second with the 0-60 CS time, you'll do just fine with your Base.

Plus almost all of us have lots to master with our driving abilities before the HP/TQ can actually be put to good use.

Eddie

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and getting back to Porsche ownership after eight long years. Car is nice and is really low mileage, take care of it and have fun!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations on the "new to you" CPO Cayman. If you join PCA, and have the time, check out the June Porsche Parade in French Lick. A great excuse to drive.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Nice color choice :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I spent 4 hours detailing the Cayman today, it got pretty dirty yesterday on the backroads of West Virginia. I cannot believe how well the previous owner did on taking care of the car, I can only find one very small chip in the paint. The front and rear bumpers, hood, and mirrors do have 3M clear film on them. I almost feel guilty for planning to make this car a daily driver as you could literally lick the underside it is so clean. Now to address the driveway clearance issue and hope it clears one large speed bump at work tomorrow. Driveway guy is coming out Monday to see what we can do.

·
PCA member since 1998
295 Posts
Congrat's! Sounds like you have a nice find!

I switched from a 85 911 to my 06CS. No regrets.

nice screen name!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Congrats! Now get it out of Pittsburgh before it rusts!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats! You may not know this, but a 2012 Base is a pretty rare beast. I think total US sales were less than 250...

I bought my white CPO '12 base late last year, and have loved it so far. Have done some minor mods to date. I would recommend the Dream 2 exhaust tip. Sounds much better than stock...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts