Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I'd say the usual. I spent a good 15 mins going over the finish from every angle and couldn't find a flaw. Checked the wheels for dings, tested every electronic thing. Although the salesperson should walk you through all of this. Check the radio, the bluetooth, the horn, hell even the cupholders (Hint: Bring a CD with you and an audio cable and an ipod or whatever you use to check the radio. A friend bought a car and didnt notice that his CD player didnt work for months because he never used it, not a Porsche, but still)

Another tip is not to go get it near closing time or before your salesperson is done for the day, you will tend to get rushed, with them saying you can always point out stuff later. This is true, but there is always that chance that they can say later that that small transport scuff was caused by you. Take your time, you are laying out a lot, and deserve to take the time to check everything. Make sure they show you and demonstrate how to use the emergency battery access thing, the emergency tire equipment, etc.

Saying this, I did not find even one thing that was a concern for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Certainly you should drive it first. And after that, check the paint over with a fine tooth comb. Many automakers will find flaws in the production of a car and then attempt to repair it. In fact, cars can often be damaged on board ships, and then prep centers around the country have to fix them before they are sent to dealers. So certainly if something is awry you should negotiate additional dollars off of the price.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Yeah that homelink thing from the link is a good suggestion. Although with most home openers it will still be a pain. I spent a few hours before deciding "screw it, the opener still fits on the passenger visor"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Take a picture of the car when you first pick it up. I try to remind clients to do this, it makes a cool keep sake.

I don't know if it is 100% necessary to check every electronic gizmo. I can't speak for other dealers, but I know that we would certainly honor any electronic issues with the vehicle especially on a new vehicle. Isn't that the purpose of the warranty?

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Yeah not so much as not to be worried about the warranty, but so as not to be disappointed when you go to use something and notice its not working later.

Does not hurt to check....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah not so much as not to be worried about the warranty, but so as not to be disappointed when you go to use something and notice its not working later.

Does not hurt to check....
I see your point in double checking everything. Most people are not as thorough as you are. I just wanted to point out that the dealership checks these things for you so you can focus on the fun part....driving your new car!

·
Registered
173 Posts
My Sales Rep spent more time with me since this was my first Porsche and it was welcome. That said, reading the owner's manual should also be a must do.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.