Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking to 'upgrade' the look of my car with some slight aesthetic modifications. I'm considering the following:

1. GT4 Mirrors (However, I heard that I will lose the auto-fold function, which i'm a little on the fence about. But I really like how they look)
2. GT4 Rear Diffuser (I currently have the GTS diffuser and this one is on back-burner, but i'm considering it at some point)
3. Side-skirts. I've been looking online and found a few of these aero side skirts for the cayman s / boxster S but can't seem to find a reputable shop selling them.

Any ideas?

Pictures of my car down here below:
-Aqua Blue 2014 Cayman S

Thank you all!

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and 2010 GT3
716 Posts
The red car with the splitters looks pretty good… how are they fastened on?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The red car with the splitters looks pretty good… how are they fastened on?
Yeah it does! I’m keen on getting them for the car to be honest. But have no idea where to get them haha

Unfortunately I have no idea how it’s fastened on as well, trying to get more information from the net but it seems that most of the sellers are just trading and don’t have much info on them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah it does! I’m keen on getting them for the car to be honest. But have no idea where to get them haha

Unfortunately I have no idea how it’s fastened on as well, trying to get more information from the net but it seems that most of the sellers are just trading and don’t have much info on them at all.

Check NR-auto Porsche. I got my GT3 wing from them… good stuff

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thanks! Will drop them a message.

I just watched a video of another brand’s version of the GT3 wing for the Cayman 987 and the quality for the NR Auto GT3 wing is waaaaaay better (I won’t bash the other brand) but it looked like a nightmare lining up the hatch holes vs NR version. Here’s mine

* chit I just noticed you have a 981… sorry but check their site anyway for 981 junk

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply! Have checked in with NR Auto - hopefully they have something for me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking to 'upgrade' the look of my car with some slight aesthetic modifications. I'm considering the following:

1. GT4 Mirrors (However, I heard that I will lose the auto-fold function, which i'm a little on the fence about. But I really like how they look)
2. GT4 Rear Diffuser (I currently have the GTS diffuser and this one is on back-burner, but i'm considering it at some point)
3. Side-skirts. I've been looking online and found a few of these aero side skirts for the cayman s / boxster S but can't seem to find a reputable shop selling them.

View attachment 275286
View attachment 275287
Any ideas?

Pictures of my car down here below:
-Aqua Blue 2014 Cayman S

View attachment 275289
View attachment 275291

Thank you all!

I have done all the the things you are looking at on my '14 981 Boxster, even adding a front lip splitter. Obviously, I think the car looks a lot more interesting. I have a TWL carbon fiber ducktail. The quality is good. But, their side skirts were too pricey. I found another supplier on eBay at 1/3 the cost

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
View attachment 275344
I have done all the the things you are looking at on my '14 981 Boxster, even adding a front lip splitter. Obviously, I think the car looks a lot more interesting. I have a TWL carbon fiber ducktail. The quality is good. But, their side skirts were too pricey. I found another supplier on eBay at 1/3 the cost
That's awesome! Would you mind sharing more pictures of the car? (you can PM me if you prefer)

• How are you liking those side mirrors? If i'm correct, there's no autofold function anymore is that right?
  • Would you mind sharing the link for the sideskirts? They look pretty awesome and I'd love to add them on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 275344
The GT4 Mirrors are a tiny upgrade, only difference is a small hole in the mirrors, but I do actually think they add a lot to the look of the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts