Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of the year again for our Annual Planet-9 Photo Contest and Calendar Fund Raiser! In years past we have asked members to submit their best photo of their Porsche and then selected winning entries to appear in one or more calendars that we create through our Café Press. 2014 is rapidly approaching so we need to be getting some photos together for a new calendar (or possibly multiple calendars like last year).

This year, however, we have a twist! Instead of beauty shots in front of some mountains or ocean or historic building, etc. we are making the focus of this year's calendar all about function and utility! Say what? These are sports cars, they aren't supposed to be utility vehicles right? Well, in my opinion, that's one thing that sets a Porsche apart from same a Lambo or Lotus, is that it CAN be very functional and provide more utility/capabilities than other sports cars. I'm reminded of a topic thread where one of our members went to a Costco or Sams and stuffed their trunk with all sorts of goodies to bring home from the store, much to the amazement of onlookers. Perhaps we should title this year's calendar "What's in your Trunk?" See update below

The rules are pretty simple, take a picture of your Porsche with something(s) in the trunk. Could be the front trunk, could be the rear trunk/hatch, that's up to you. I'm not telling you what to put in there, only to be creative, think outside the box, or the trunk, then put it in! The best overall shot, as judged by our panel of esteemed moderators and so-called experts will win a new tablet computer (or similar device, details to follow, I'm still waiting on some confirmations) and the runner ups will receive a free calendar with their car featured for one of the months. Please note that you have to live somewhere that Café Press will ship to otherwise we can't send you your calendar. Like last year, only one shot per member allowed. Anyone uploading multiple shots will be disqualified. If you have problems uploading please PM me. For calendar shots we really don't need anything larger than 4000x4000 pixels but I understand cameras vary in capability, please try to shoot in a mode/size that comes close to this. An 800x600 photo is going to be too small and 6000x6000 is going to be too large to upload to our server. I would also highly suggest taking landscape style shots as they look better on a calendar than a vertical shot and will give you a better chance of making the cut. (In other words don't do what I did in the following sample photo)

UPDATE Due to a concern by some members that they didn't want trunk shots, we've opened the contest up to contain beauty shots as well (like in years past). We will be giving extra credit to cars that sport Planet-9 / CaymanClub logos/decals/badges! :)

Any other questions just ask!

UPLOAD YOUR PHOTO HERE!

----------------------------------------------------------
Announcing Planet-9 Motors!

We have a new capability on this website and that is to be able to allow our members to find just the car they are looking for. While our tool will default to a Porsche, you can use the options in the tool to select any kind of car you are interested and search nationwide for the car without ever having to leave Planet-9! We bring the cars to you!

You can try out Planet-9 Motors by clicking here:
Planet-9 Motors

There is also a link at the top of every page to P9 Motors, simply click that tab and you will be taken directly to it! Please let us know how you like this new capability!
:thanks:

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Awww shucks! Now all my European Delivery and US West coast shots with mountains and trees and oceans are for naught :p

I am sure Mark (Orangecrush) is already getting his keg in frunk pic ready to submit!

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should also have added in my column that Fabspeed is running not only a special for anyone who attends their open house but ALSO an additional special just for Planet-9 members ONLY! Check it out in the news item on the home page!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just a thought.... what would you rather have, a calendar full of beautiful cars in great locations or of some person putting a toilet in their Porsches trunk?
Even if I had a topless model stuffed in my Frunk I wouldn't put it on the wall at work..:eek::(:(

These cars are things of beauty and should be seen in that light. I understand the humor aspect but it's not something I would buy or put on my wall at work.:( Lets keep the clown car pictures were they belong in the fiat 500 forums.

Just my two cents worth:cheers:

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a thought.... what would you rather have, a calendar full of beautiful cars in great locations or of some person putting a toilet in their Porsches trunk?
Even if I had a topless model stuffed in my Frunk I wouldn't put it on the wall at work..:eek::(:(

These cars are things of beauty and should be seen in that light. I understand the humor aspect but it's not something I would buy or put on my wall at work.:( Lets keep the clown car pictures were they belong in the fiat 500 forums.

That gives me an idea... we could do two calendars again this year but instead of two of beauty shots we do one calendar of each, one beauty and one creative...

Deadline? I'm thinking Oct 31st with any luck calendars would be ready to order by mid November.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That gives me an idea... we could do two calendars again this year but instead of two of beauty shots we do one calendar of each, one beauty and one creative...

Deadline? I'm thinking Oct 31st with any luck calendars would be ready to order by mid November.
Please? The 2013 calendar is great; I'm a bit dubious of a calendar of trunk shots (unless the aim is to sell swimwear).

·
Registered
56 Posts

Agree, a calender is on my office wall and find myself often admiring these cars and have had many comments by others. Sleek cars in creative settings are a must have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great!! I just missed last year's contest so looking forward to this year's contest so much. Then I read this year's rule and I realized I couldn't submit mine... but now, I can!! Let's see how much other members like it... :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't play 'cause my dark, grainy shots are **** BUT-
THIS ... OR ... THAT ??? No brainer! LoL!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I can't play 'cause my dark, grainy shots are **** BUT-
THIS ... OR ... THAT ??? No brainer! LoL!
The left shot looks like [email protected] (pun intended), and are those cases of TP in your frunk? No offense!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
OMG, I never saw it that way!! I LoLed so HARD!!! :hilarious:
I'm glad you weren't offended.

I saw that instantly. There are even "trails" on the wall above your car that look like someone just wizzed there. The whole starkness of the bare concrete and the lighting adds to the bathroom effect. Sorry. It's actually a nice shot (I'm a photographer too), but the composition conveys a different message to me. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I added a photo I took at this year's Rolex 24 (which had a few lovely 987s in the mix). Unfortunately I forgot to upload the full-res version. If selected will we have the opportunity to provide you with a higher resolution copy for printing?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Here is my submission with just the car and space; no Frunk pics at the moment:
(taken with an iPhone 5)

Where is that bridge? I'm a bridge engineer, and I'm in PA. I'd love to drive there for some shots during magic hour. Maybe with our two white cars together.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts