Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here is my submission with just the car and space; no Frunk pics at the moment:
(taken with an iPhone 5)

Posting here does not submit a photo, it must be uploaded to the gallery....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
243 Posts
Love it. My wife took something on a similar theme in July:

Too many pictures to choose for the competition, but finally chose one and uploaded. Hope you all like it.
Beautiful!
Was that in italy or switzerland?
I need to find someone able to use my camera to take pictures like that, or let someone else drive my boxster :hilarious:

Mine was taken by me while driving, it was a really wonderful trip in the swiss alps. And that road... was defined by Clarkson "the best road in the world". Mmmhhh... i gues i can agree
On the road - a set on Flickr

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Today is the dead line for this? How do you select the pictures for the calander/s?
Yes today is the deadline and we have a panel of judges who select, same as we've done in years past.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
I submitted one... but have another one as alternative... please let me know if you want me to switch :)

Submitted:

Alternative:

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Please note that PM's went out to the winners and alternates today in the Calendar Contest and as soon as we get the hi-res photos in from the winners we will be printing up the calendars. Standby for more information!

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
sadly my inbox is empty :(
i was hoping to make it in the top 12 at least :(

Well if people don't send me their hi-res versions we will choose alternates so you never know what still might make the calendar, plus there is always next year! BTW I happened to like your photo as it depicts the view from the driver's seat, but I think the judges tended to favor photos showing the actual car or a larger portion of it, just some food for thought for next year.

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Here are the 5 people I still need hi-res photos from so we can produce the calendar:

hinokazu
cayman addict
redback911
mickfluff
gatorphd

Each of them have been sent a PM and an Email requesting the photo. If I don't receive them in email shortly, alternates will be chosen. Thanks for your attention to this matter.
:thanks:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well if people don't send me their hi-res versions we will choose alternates so you never know what still might make the calendar, plus there is always next year! BTW I happened to like your photo as it depicts the view from the driver's seat, but I think the judges tended to favor photos showing the actual car or a larger portion of it, just some food for thought for next year.
Thanks for the clarification! I knew it was a risk, if you look a couple of pages back i posted 3 pictures undecided wich one to enter.
I decided for the swiss road trying to propose something different, in my mind between 11 pics of cars from the outside 1 taken from the driver's eyes would have been a different way to represent the thrill of driving our wonderful cars in truly spectacular roads. I like to think our porsches as something to experience and not to look from the outside only.
Lesson well learned, next year i'll propose a more typical static pic

Sent with Tapatalk

21 - 37 of 37 Posts