Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
new memeber, moving up from a 08 bmw z4 3.0si, just placed an order on a cayman, specification as follows-
carrera white
interior black
xenon
PDK
sport chrono (non PCM)
park assist
interior design painted exterior color
bluetooth prep
alarm system

Few questions-
i read allot about sport chrono vs sport sport chrono plus and from my understaning i will get the sport puls button as well because of PDK?

does anyone has any Experience with the alarm system ? any good?

how is the new "day time running lights"? on the Z4 you couldnt spot them at day..

the CDR-30 with standard setup, that bad?

cayman VS cayman S sound, significant difference?

cayman VS cayman S brakes, it is from my understanding that diameter is now the same and difference summed up to rear disc thickness ?

thanks allot and sorry for all the questions
:)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
hi all
new memeber, moving up from a 08 bmw z4 3.0si, just placed an order on a cayman, specification as follows-
carrera white
interior black
xenon
PDK
sport chrono (non PCM)
park assist
bluetooth prep
alarm system

Few questions-
i read allot about sport chrono vs sport sport chrono plus and from my understaning i will get the sport puls button as well because of PDK?

how is the new "day time running lights"? on the Z4 you couldnt spot them at day..

cayman VS cayman S brakes, it is from my understanding that diameter is now the same and difference summed up to rear disc thickness ?

Like the color good choice. What is the intended use, DD, or Weekend Car? Will you do any track events with the car?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi

thanks falcon

its will be mostly DD.. i would like some sport driving in special roads in weekends.. maybe i will go to the track some day but it will definitely wont be a hard, stiff, brakes fading out kind of track day because where i come from, israel, tracks are barely legal..

·
Registered
625 Posts
The daytime running lights are bright as heck! They are white LED like the AUDI ones and you can see them from great distances. Have you seen any on the newer 911's or boxters, very nice IMHO

Stereo is very subjective but basically they are both bad, the BOSE is tolerable but I wouldn't say it's great. I listen to the engine much more than the radio

I think the cayman might sound better than the S. Somehow the base engine is tuned differently and sounds more rumbly... They are very similar in sound and I don't think there is much difference. I have an S and thinking about adding a new exhaust because the DFI engine/exhaust is soo soft. You might consider PSE or aftermaket exhaust to increase the excitement. If your considering PSE do it now as it starts at $3600 for parts alone to be added after the purchase here, whereas if ordered with the car is something like $2600.

I cannot comment on the brakes for sure but from what I heard they are now both the same on Gen2 cars

hi all
carrera white
interior black
xenon
PDK
sport chrono (non PCM)
park assist
bluetooth prep
alarm system

Few questions-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.