Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twas the night before...The Dragon!

This will be the master thread for photos and comments as a group of us begin our road trip to The Dragon in North Carolina this week.

We have folks from CT, NY, NJ, VA, MD, NC, GA, TN, OH and I'm sure I missed a state or two all about to converge on the North Carolina-Tennessee border.

Let's see, I weighed in at an even 150 lbs on Friday. Who wants to predict how much weight I'll gain or lose after a week of sitting on my a## for 8 hrs and eating three full meals daily? :hilarious:

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you weigh a buck fifty now, I would say you'll weigh a buck fifty when your done. :)
That brain, foot and eye hand coordination is going to be working overtime. That'll burn enough calories. :cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's it? a buck fifty?? You can do a buck fifty in a blink of an eye and more time than you could imagine.. A buck fifty on the tach? Oh wait.. we're not talking about speed, nvm.. Good luck, be safe and have a blast!

I'll def. join you guys for road trips once I could locate my CS :)

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
A little rain this morning of departure in Eastern VA. Hopefully it will blow through and sunny skies will take over. Everyone drive safe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Flex your buns while you drive to burn calories and you should be fine. I bet the adrenalin will help burn through some of those meals, too, once you get to Deal's Gap.

Have Fun!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good luck and have a wonderful time--looking forward to reports and pic. I would love to drive the Dragon.
BW

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
9 Caymans and one mini-Cooper turbo at the hotel tonight, and this isn't even the full group yet!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today was basically an all day drive for the Nor'Easters, about 400 or so miles. Averaging 28 MPG for me.

Teach on the road

macscaymans in his John Cooper Edition Turbo, that is one fast car!

Waiting at the start point.

We're off and running!

Plenty of bathroom breaks!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PistolPete's Day 1 food intake

Breakfast: 2 bananas & glass of milk

Snack: 2 Chocolate chip cookies, thanks macscaymans

Lunch: Applebee's Cowboy burger & Coke

Dinner: Outback 18oz ribeye, baked potato w/everything, Caesars salad

Time sitting on my a##, 8 hrs.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
To be honest, we had so many additions and dropouts that I lost count.

My best estimate is between 14 and 17 people . We'll get a full headcount tomorrow evening.

In Christiansburg right now:

1. PistolPete
  2. Retired-Teach
  3. gonzo
  4. macscaymans
  5. BigGuy
  6. ajk
  7. cbr600 +1 (911 owner)
  8. bretster
  9. schwabe

How many people are going total?

·
World's Foremost Authority
240 Posts
Looks like the "Usual Suspects" have all arrived and are off to a great start.

I posted a link to this thread in the "Climb to the Clouds" thread on Bimmerfest.

CA

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone awake yet? Car is packed and ready to go. Onto Asheville and the Pisgah Inn/Blue Ridge today!

·
Registered
337 Posts
subscribed......this looks like fun and I need to watch the updated info and pics to live it out through the computer screen!;)

·
Registered
716 Posts
PistolPete,

I am in Ashville today on business (have the Cayman and the wife with me). Will be at the Biltmore tomorrow Tuesday the 18th. Where are you guys going to be on Wednesday morning. I may be able to join you for a while than head home to Florida.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Daytona, the gang is in Fontana/Tail of the Dragon area tonight and tomorrow. They will be to Asheville, I THINK around 2 pm. They will be stopping by my house around 5:30 and then all of us are going to dinner downtown Asheville at 7 pm at Packs Tavern.

I live in Asheville. Come here often?

I think I may have seen you on Charlotte Street today.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Like Kevin said, we'll be arriving in Asheville Wednesday afternoon around 5PM. Let us know if you can join. Meet us @ Kevin's place.

We're in Fontana Village now, very limited Internet access in the lobby so no photos tonight.

Some CRAZY driving on the roads today. No tickets and everyone is safe.

Schwabe has a MONSTER car. I'll leave it at that. :eek:

PistolPete,

I am in Ashville today on business (have the Cayman and the wife with me). Will be at the Biltmore tomorrow Tuesday the 18th. Where are you guys going to be on Wednesday morning. I may be able to join you for a while than head home to Florida.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts