Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
[pic=right]http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/6/3/9/fastcroc_z.jpg[/pic] Saturday July 11, 2009 one of our members Bruce Rosar, better known as "FastCroc" was killed in a bicycle accident. This morning I had a chance to speak with his widow and she wanted to pass on the following information:

There is not going to be a funeral in the near term. Bruce is going to be cremated and the family will hold onto the ashes. At some point there will be an informal gathering, something like a picnic in the park as a celebration of life. She will pass on more information to me and I will post it on the site as it becomes available.

With regard to the accident they are still awaiting the final report so at this point no one really knows what happens other than he crossed in front of a car and was struck and killed. As for Bruce's Cayman, she is not sure what she is going to do with it yet but I have offered that this site will help her in any way possible whether that be selling the car, auctioning the car, raffling the car or simply fund raising to help cover the costs of the cremation etc. She isn't sure what she wants to do yet, these things take time, but in the mean time she did say that anyone wanting to make an immediate donation on Bruce's behalf could do so to the following organizations:

1) Second Chance Pet Adoption on Chapel Hill Road in Raliegh, NC
2) WCPE Radio
3) WUNC TV

I, and the management team of this website express our condolences on the loss of one of our members and a terrific human being. Please keep an eye on this topic thread for more information as it becomes available as well as any forthcoming fundraising efforts.

Members can express their sentiments in the following topic thread: http://www.planet-9.com/987-general-discussion/34541-fastcroc-rip-july-11-2009-a.html

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
[pic=right]http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/6/3/9/fastcroc_z.jpg[/pic] Saturday July 11, 2009 one of our members Bruce Rosar, better known as "FastCroc" was killed in a bicycle accident. This morning I had a chance to speak with his widow and she wanted to pass on the following information:

There is not going to be a funeral in the near term. Bruce is going to be cremated and the family will hold onto the ashes. At some point there will be an informal gathering, something like a picnic in the park as a celebration of life. She will pass on more information to me and I will post it on the site as it becomes available.

With regard to the accident they are still awaiting the final report so at this point no one really knows what happens other than he crossed in front of a car and was struck and killed. As for Bruce's Cayman, she is not sure what she is going to do with it yet but I have offered that this site will help her in any way possible whether that be selling the car, auctioning the car, raffling the car or simply fund raising to help cover the costs of the cremation etc. She isn't sure what she wants to do yet, these things take time, but in the mean time she did say that anyone wanting to make an immediate donation on Bruce's behalf could do so to the following organizations:

1) Second Chance Pet Adoption on Chapel Hill Road in Raliegh, NC
2) WCPE Radio
3) WUNC TV

I, and the management team of this website express our condolences on the loss of one of our members and a terrific human being. Please keep an eye on this topic thread for more information as it becomes available as well as any forthcoming fundraising efforts.

Members can express their sentiments in the following topic thread: http://www.planet-9.com/987-general-discussion/34541-fastcroc-rip-july-11-2009-a.html
Ken,

Your offer of support is a generous thing; it is great to see that you've reached out to the widow, and it makes me proud of what we can do as a group when the need arises.

Thanks Ken.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Being an avid cyclist, this really hits home. It is very dangerous out there. My deepest sympathy to Bruce's family. This is a real tragedy.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
My condolences to his family and those who knew him.

I have restricted my cycling to cycle tracks as i dont trust the open road anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts