Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
From my experience with plasti dip it won't stay white for very long ..... The great thing about plasti dip though is you can try it and see if u like it! If not peel it and swap it. I went with black on my car

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From my experience with plasti dip it won't stay white for very long ..... The great thing about plasti dip though is you can try it and see if u like it! If not peel it and swap it. I went with black on my car
Exactly why I'm using it. Just trying to decide what color to try first :)

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
My son recently did mine red. The rough surface texture of the plastidip makes cleaning a chore. White will look good only after a wash. And I have akebono ceramic brake pads, so in my case it is mostly dirt not brake dust

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I vote for stock, but I do agree with amartkd that you can just remove it if you don't like it.

·
PCA member since 1998
295 Posts
I would think white and brake dust is not a good combination - but that's just my opinion.

K

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would think white and brake dust is not a good combination - but that's just my opinion.

K
True. Even the current color isn't great for brake dust... Nonetheless I've been using brake dust cleaners such as AMMO plum and Sonax wheel cleaner and they make cleaning pretty easy. They are ph balanced and should work ok plasti-dip too I believe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My son recently did mine red. The rough surface texture of the plastidip makes cleaning a chore. White will look good only after a wash. And I have akebono ceramic brake pads, so in my case it is mostly dirt not brake dust
Curious if you tried either the dip coat protective spray (supposed to make the plasti-dip have a smoother, less rubbery surface) or a brake dust cleaner such as AMMO plum, DYC brake dust professional or or Sonax full effect. I would think that these would make the job a lot easier?

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Curious if you tried either the dip coat protective spray (supposed to make the plasti-dip have a smoother, less rubbery surface) or a brake dust cleaner such as AMMO plum, DYC brake dust professional or or Sonax full effect. I would think that these would make the job a lot easier?
I have not tried those. Brake dust isn't the problem. Just plain dirt. I'm thinking of doing another coat or two and some glossifier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts