Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Porsche dealership to order a Cayman S, but there was a wicked deal on a 14 white Cayman S (9k off). So I bought it right then and there. It has some great options but one that I really wanted to order that is missing, is 20in Carrera Platinum finish wheels. I looked at Suncoast and 7k is definitely out of my budget. So was wondering if there are any nice alternative for a 19in Platinum satin finish wheel that i can just put my stock tires on. My budget is 2500 for a set. I looked on ebay and there are some nice replicas , but I don't want to risk destroying my new car with replica wheels. Any recommendations would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Rohan V

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Many members have been happy with wheels from wheeldynamics, which is a forum sponsor. They have several styles, some of which come in a platinum satin-like finish.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
PS you have great taste

·
PCA Member
191 Posts
Have your current wheels powder coated to the Platinum color of your choice. Approximate cost $ 500.00

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the designs of the 808 series from Wheel Dynamics. Did you buy your CS from Fremont? I was just there the other week about to pull the trigger but they wouldn't budge on the discounted -8K price, also found out the warranty was punched already. Still a good deal though!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ask your local Porsche body shop repair for a quote to paint existing wheels Satin platinum or buy a used set and get them done... may work out not as expensive as you might expect!

I purchsed a set of used 19" Cayman S wheels to use with winter tyres and enquired to get them painted by my local Porsche body shop in gloss black with silver edge, similar to my factory ordered wheels and to my surprise they quoted me half the price of what I paid from the factory!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have a look at the Borbet MC wheels, they are available in silver and a close match to the Spyder / Carrera S wheels. I have them ordered for track duty on my CR. In case Borbet does not retail in the US, it is exactly the same wheel as the Motec Nitro (Borbet paperwork confirm that), but at least in Germany the color palette of the Motec is limited.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts