Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
also note that after durther diag -- the sound is intermittent. I have noted that it not present when first starting the car (all quiet for a minute or two). It goes away when i rev the engine, and then comes back and may go away again for a few seconds.. crazy..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi. It's hard to say anything with the top and front engine covers in place. I'd think you need to remove the covers to check/eliminate if the noise is from one of the drive belt pulleys, then move under the car, to check for transmission throwout bearing etc. When was the last oil change done? You don't have an IMS car do you?

KM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not an IMS car. i did recently get an oil change and noticed the sound after that i guess. took it to the dealer and they didnt notice anything un-usual - looked at another cayman S that made the same ticking sound on idle (but maybe a bit quieter)-- in fact it seems as the noise has settled in the past day --- i really have to be listening for it now to notice. I am scheduled to have it looked at again this week. I guess maybe its normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts