Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, well this is a bit of a rant and some questions. I own a 07 cayman S, for the past month it the check engine light keeps going on and off and the codes are 4 missfires and the 2 o2 sensors, I keep taking the car to the dealer but according to them they can not find anything wrong with the car and they just delete the codes for what they charge me $150 dollars each time, mind you the car is still under warranty :( and now they are giving me the run around because I had a catback installed :crazy: would this really void the warranty??

I have also read here that other members had similar codes and they had to replace the cats, do you think this is my problem?

pics for clics :)

·
Senior Porsche Financier
733 Posts
Have a different dealer check the plug coil packs. There have been reports of cracking packs. The cats are a symptom, not the problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thank you! I just made an appointment for monday at a different dealership so hopefully they can fix it.

I also called porsche of america and told them about being charged for something that should be covered by the warranty, they told me I was right and that they will contact the dealer to see what the deal was.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got a call from the dealer, the problem is a bad cat and they will replace it under warranty, they also found a few other little problems like a bad horn and other things that will be covered under warranty. :dance:

I have to give a thumbs a to Jack Daniels service in NJ because finally someone took the time to help me out not like the other 2 local dealers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt I will get any money back but at least I learned my lesson and they lost 2 customers (me and my stepfather).

the one that charged me and did not fix anything was Town motors in englewood NJ which is the closest to me, Paul miller told me it was probably because I modded the car and they kept insisting the car was chipped which I know for a fact it is not.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I picked up my car and it finally feels like the day I bought it. To tell you the truth I was getting kind of annoyed to the point that I was considering trading in the car for a bmw or something different but not anymore :banana:the work and service at this dealer was great, they did under warranty:
-Catalytic converter, seals and manifold
-replaced horn
-replaced a few seals that were leaking oil :eek:

Since the car was at the dealer I decided to do the annual maintenance, a bit pricey but I was very happy with the work and the service.

On another note I got a call from Porsche of America, I made sure to tell them the difference between the dealers and the service depts. They are sending me a check for what the other dealer charged me. :cheers:

PistolPete I have been meaning to come put to a few of the meets but I have not had the opportunity yet :thanks:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.