Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out of my car today and noticed that the passenger tail light was stuck on??? Just the passenger side and the light knob is turned all the way off...Any ideas on what could be causing this??? Have to fly out tomorrow and dont want to come back to the airport to a dead Porsche!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Humm, this is weird.

Worst case, disconnect the battery before leaving or at least leave the hood open for jumping it. But I would try to locate and pull the fuse for the taillight. You really don't want to drain a battery all the way down. It may not recover!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Yeah, the hood is released via a motor. If the battery is dead, you're SOL. You need to get another power source and jump the fuse panel to open the hood to jump the car. Best to avoid the whole situation completely.

Is the passenger light still on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Passenger light turns off after the normal time...Been working on cars for years (former 240/280z owner) and done a lot of wiring - never seen anything like this - I would almost guess a short in the flasher, but on the Cayman not even sure where to start to debug this one

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
Your light switch, I know you said it is rotated all the way to the left to off, BUT is it pulled out at all? You can activate the rear fog light by pulling out on the switch (see owner's manual for details). If you didn't leave the turn signal on as Pete suggested (my first guess as well) then it could possibly be your rear fog light and that is activated by pulling the switch towards you (it has 2 positions, the first for front fog lights, the second for rear, again see owners manual)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.