Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying a kind of mod now.

I need ACC power from the harness behind the carpet of front trunk.

Which color is ACC???

A friend of mine who is Gen2 Cayman owner tells me it is "green", but my Gen1 has no green harness.

I've lost may way now!!!

Please anyone help !:(

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
I don't have a wiring diagram handy, but you can get one of those inductive testors that you put around the wire and see if it has current running through it, if it does the testor will light up and/or make a sound. What you want is a wire that has no current when the key is off, but then has current when the key is in the ACC position. There doesn't seem to be too many wires there, that shouldn't take to long to test them. Most auto parts stores here in the US carry these devices in their electrical section of the store. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
May I ask what you're trying to do?! When I was installing the dension unit I powered it from the same source that powers the nav drive. Maybe if you're trying something similar this could come in handy, I could go out and find the wire I tapped in for you!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your kind comments,K-manS and Nitro.

I'd like to install DRL (LED strip) which functions according with ACC ON/OFF.

Yesterday I tried it .

DRL is OK, but there's the warnng "Headlight beam adjustment faulty" .....

these are the current "circuit".

I tried the yellow and light blue harness .
Both functions well with ACC ON/OFF, but they have the problem of warning signal "Headlight beam adjustment faulty" on the panel.:(

I've not tried every harness there yet.

Can I solve the problem of warning sign?

:helpme:

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
I don't know if Porsche continued the practice or not but if you can read the pin identifiers on a connector the code used to be as follows:

30 power from battery, always hot
15 power with ignition on
50 power only when cranking
X power with key on but loses power when cranking
31 ground

I don't recall a specific color code for this as the color made it possible to tell what it was going to.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stop this procedure now.
I hear it is safe not to touch the harness in front trunk,for the error signal often occurs .

In the weekend ,I go to a proshop and solve it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts