Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and read a lot on here. I am trying to decide between the two.

I believe I have understood the setups correctly but want to be sure.
If I buy a SRP package, it will contain a plenum and a 80 mm TB

IPD plenum will contain a plenum and a 82 mm TB

Correct?

It may sound like a daft question but some pictures on the net don't always show TB's.

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Well there is the little detail of the software flash. Softronics package includes the flash, I understand the other one does not. Either plenum without the flash will loose power/torque at lower rpms. Do not buy the Softronics plenum used unless you check with Softronics first, regarding the flash

·
Registered
975 Posts
I believe when you go to purchase the IPD plenum you must also specify the 82mm Throttle body and add it to your order. Some of our sponsors may sell them together as a package, but I believe the cost of the TB is in addition to the price of the plenum. The 80mm plenum is included with the softronics SRP kit.

As jaica said, either of these plenums really need software and/or a catback system to take full advantage of the increased airflow.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
IPD makes (or did make) two different sized plenums. The larger one that uses the 82 mm throttle body is called the IPD Racing Plenum if I am not mistaken.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Softronic package is a much better deal from a cost standpoint especially if they have a club special going.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts