Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

How many wash the rental car inside and out before a road trip?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Just the inside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just the glass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Hell no

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why wife thinks I'm nuts....

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
a lot of it can be down to the purpose/presentation.....it might be good to use some anti-bacterial wipes on the handbrake/steering/door handles...

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a lot of it can be down to the purpose/presentation.....it might be good to use some anti-bacterial wipes on the handbrake/steering/door handles...
Well mainly I’m saying I can’t stand to drive a dirty car. The inside most times is pretty clean. This time it appeared like it had never had a proper wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
952 Posts
I voted No. That said ...

a) It is extremely rare that I pick up rental car locally, it is basically always at an airport. No way I will look for a car wash.
b) Since National started with "pick your vehicle", I do not see need for it (car wash)
c) All above said, I would have been very happy in handful of occasions to be able to wash the interior. I still wonder how did they think renting a car like that was acceptable - but this was before 2010.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I voted No. That said ...

a) It is extremely rare that I pick up rental car locally, it is basically always at an airport. No way I will look for a car wash.
b) Since National started with "pick your vehicle", I do not see need for it (car wash)
c) All above said, I would have been very happy in handful of occasions to be able to wash the interior. I still wonder how did they think renting a car like that was acceptable - but this was before 2010.
That’s the first thing we do is make sure the interior is clean. Generally we use Enterprise but this time they didn’t have the car we reserved and upgrade was just too big. We ended up at Budget as they had the car we needed the next morning. It was clean inside but outside was horrible. No way can I drive a car like that for a week. So, I washed it.

I did notice the sign car wash person wanted. So I guess I was forewarned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts