Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Which Cayman Logo and Items do you prefer?

• Multi-Color Logo round window decal

Votes: 67 34.0%
  • Greyscale (red eye) logo round window decal

Votes: 72 36.5%
  • Multi-Color logo hat

Votes: 60 30.5%
  • Greyscale logo hat

Votes: 40 20.3%
  • Multi-Color logo Cafe Press Shop items - shirts, mugs, etc.

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Greyscale logo Cafe Press Shop items - shirts, mugs, etc.

Votes: 37 18.8%
  • Multi-Color logo sew on patch

Votes: 22 11.2%
  • Greyscale logo sew on patch

Votes: 21 10.7%
  • Other - please specify in a reply

Votes: 13 6.6%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to determine what type of items we should make, the relative numbers, etc. I am creating this poll for our members to express their desires. You can select MULTIPLE selections if you want to buy different items, so please select ALL that apply to you!

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was the 2nd vote for "other", which = Boxster!
Ah ok, well the logo in question we are talking about is the crocodile style logo centered around the Cayman, perhaps in the future we can come up wiht something stylish for the Boxster. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keychain with a grey-scale, red-eye cayman? A license plate cover, hub caps, or interior cup holder that's actually useful?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ah ok, well the logo in question we are talking about is the crocodile style logo centered around the Cayman, perhaps in the future we can come up wiht something stylish for the Boxster. :)
I voted 'other' Boxster. I removed 'Boxster S' and have '987' in chrome letters from Chrome Emblems - Home Page

Placed about where the '911' and '912' are on those cars from my memory in the late 60's, centered halfway up the rear trunk lid.

My least favorite logo is one I saw the other day on a Boxster 986,

screaming 'PORSCHE' in 3 or 4 inch white letters across the top of the windshield. Gauche.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I also voted other: I think a banner for the top of the widshield would be cool as well as a small sticker.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Voted the ones I liked + a couple others.

+1 to keychain either color/greyscale.

May be in the minority here from rainy WA, but would love to see a compact umbrella that fits in the passenger side pocket with any logo (Planet-9 or CaymanClub croc) somewhere on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts

May be in the minority here from rainy WA, but would love to see a compact umbrella that fits in the passenger side pocket with any logo (Planet-9 or CaymanClub croc) somewhere on it.

Very good idea for the compact umbrella :cheers:

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts

Uuuhhh I moved up here from Southern California and was told local Seattle residents don't use/need umbrellas. Just wear something with a hood.

That said, my friend has a newer VW Passat wagon with the umbrella storage in the door. I am thinking great idea so I can use to protect pretty blonde wife's hair.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Uuuhhh I moved up here from Southern California and was told local Seattle residents don't use/need umbrellas. Just wear something with a hood.

That said, my friend has a newer VW Passat wagon with the umbrella storage in the door. I am thinking great idea so I can use to protect pretty blonde wife's hair.
This is true, but as you mentioned the umbrella would be for female passenger use.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Ditto on the license plate frames. I, too, ordered one of the Cayman Club frames awhile back and need a frame for my other plate.

Also, as a female driver/owner, I'd go for the umbrella.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
I don't go for these logo things. The general public considers this stuff bragging. I mean, show up in a grocery store with a Porsche polo shirt and what will the average Joe think? Would they be far from wrong?

I'd put a nice, conservative round sticker on my driver's side rear window next to my PCA logo. I have one of Ken's big Cayman Club stickers and some crock-logo stuff I bought, but just don't have the heart to put that on my car.

I've always used plain black license frames, no dealer logos and usually remove model designations from my cars too. If the shape is right, that's all you need.

I think the umbrella idea is a little risky. There may be a few sales, but most people don't use them, especially in a car with limited interior space. If I want one, I'll just buy a good quality plain one. Stuff with more universal appeal is best so you don't get stuck with them. T-shirts can be nice for the track, I guess. I have about 150 t-shirts already but I can't say I wouldn't buy one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts