Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I never see my cars in the daylight (and usually not at all) during the week and I had to run into the backyard tonight to get something.

I noticed the G35 was coated all over with some sort of film. I hope it's just pollen! Are the trees blooming already?

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
If it is a yellow-green color, then it is probably pollen. Very common this time of year.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll confirm the next time I'm home with daylight. Maybe Sunday AM? :hilarious:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I noticed the G35 was coated all over with some sort of film. I hope it's just pollen! Are the trees blooming already?
Pollen season began three days ago in VA. I'll never understand how it gets into a closed garage. Keep your windows up for the next three weeks or so. Dave

·
Registered
346 Posts
I never see my cars in the daylight (and usually not at all) during the week and I had to run into the backyard tonight to get something.

I know that "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"...there must be another somewhere on SI! :hilarious:

·
Registered
502 Posts
This is from being outside for only an hour.

I had to spray my other cars and my front porch down to keep it from tracking inside...it will cover my dog in a pile of yellow if she sits still for more than a minute.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Up here in my neck of the woods we have Ponderosa Pines everywhere.Geez i love the landscape in the Sierra Nevada foothills but the green/yellow pollen is as thick as volcanic ash would be..... and then there's the sap and then there are those darned pine needles.That's it i,m going outside and firing up the chainsaw:beer:;)

·
Aqua Blue Metallic Mafia OG
569 Posts
The pollen has been very thick and coating all the cars here in Charlotte for the last two weeks. The pollen was so bad this week that I had to mow the yard with a mask on so I wouldn't inhale all that stuff.:(
+1...Worst I've ever seen :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, I guess all that rain really pushed the trees into overdrive!

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
you guys are lucky the inconvenience you get is only the green film on the cars. Me? Well this stuff gives me sneezing fits, runny nose, watery itchy eyes and all around misery. Where's that allegra...

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Up here in my neck of the woods we have Ponderosa Pines everywhere.Geez i love the landscape in the Sierra Nevada foothills but the green/yellow pollen is as thick as volcanic ash would be..... and then there's the sap and then there are those darned pine needles.That's it i,m going outside and firing up the chainsaw:beer:;)
Don't be another Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds cut up the trees not the car!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Don't be another Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds cut up the trees not the car!! ;)
Wow! That brought back some memories.The 49'ner glory days.I lived in San Fransisco at that time. And yes i will only cut down the trees and make sure that i burn them on non spare the air days.(just kidding);)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts