Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the Porsche 718 Cayman review at CARandDRIVER.com. Use our Car Buying Guide to research Porsche 718 Cayman prices, specs, photos, videos, and more.

More...

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Check out the Porsche 718 Cayman review at CARandDRIVER.com. Use our Car Buying Guide to research Porsche 718 Cayman prices, specs, photos, videos, and more.

More...

"A rose by any other name might smell as sweet, but what if that rose had a four-cylinder engine? That’s the dilemma raised by the new Porsche 718 Cayman S, the replacement for a car that was pretty much perfect and one that has traded its predecessor’s charismatic flat-six for a new turbocharged flat-four. We know that engines everywhere are downsizing these days, but this one feels like a personal affront. "

Says it all !

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I was reading a letter written in in the latest issue of Panorama regarding the 718. The gentleman raised the same issue that I have..............turbo engine sitting amidships. This is the first time the Boxster/Cayman mid engine design is getting a turbo from the factory. I am curious about the cooling......911s have the turbo differently positioned with more opportunity for airflow. Just open up the hood of any front engined turbo car and feel the massive heat that radiates out. I have no doubt Porsche has done tons of testing and many miles of driving. But, Arizona heat for instance.........Time will tell. It is one of the reasons that I opted to trade my 2014 for my 2016. I originally planned for 2017 replacement but did not want to be a first year buyer of such a significant change. IMS comes to mind................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts