Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Harry's LapTimer supports Porsche 981 Brake Pressure (either standard or custom PID) through an ELM OBD2? It is available on the CAN bus pins on the 981 with PDK. I have it on my AiM SoloDL, but I'm not happy with the video integration and I'm looking for a better option. I was using TrackAddict, but it doesn't have Brake Pressure or custom PID support as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, is anyone aware of anywhere that some of the manufacturer PID info might be available? I know most manufacturers keep that info close to the best, but Porsche draws a lot of track rats who would find a way.

·
Registered
156 Posts
While it's likely that Track Attack doesn't show the data, it's also likely that harry's doesn't export it when exporting to a VBO format, for instance I've noticed that selected gear isn't exported despite being clearly recorded, and Track Attack can show it. I've been working both with the Track Attack people and Harry to make this a better experience, as I heavily use track attack to look at my data.

·
Registered
253 Posts
100% agree on "missing data" in VBO export from HLT... I've requested additional data channels to Harry for VBO for several years now... see: Enhanced VBO export - Harry's GPS Suite Forum

Per the OP topic, I haven't found the PID for brake pressure nor oil temp...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The installation instructions for both AIM and VBOX state that some of the data is blocked behind the CAN gateway and not available at the OBD port. Last I checked VBOX, the PIDs are hidden inside the configuration and weren't readily visible. The data is there, however.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be happy just to get the ones I know are present - that I can get on my SoloDL through the OBD connector. I just really don't like the lack of GPS time in the SoloDL. Why they didn't include that is beyond me. Seems like the most basic of measurements and makes it practically impossible to correlate with external sources.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts