Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porsche 987.2 Product Showcase

At Soul Performance Products we take the Porsche 987.2 chassis seriously, so seriously in fact, we acquired a 2009 Cayman S to use as a long term development car.

When you purchase from Soul Performance Products, you are buying more than an upgrade for your car. We aim to surpass and redefine all expectations of how a product is provided and how the customer is cared for. We not only always carry stock of our products, but cover them with a Lifetime Warranty.

We developed the VALVED EXHAUST on our own Project 987.2 Cayman S to ensure the delta between exhaust modes was noticeable and refined, even when paired with aftermarket headers. Our system offers a true night and day difference between mild and race like tones at the press of a button

Soul Performance Parts 987.2 Valved Exhaust System - Hardware.jpg

COMPETITION HEADERS provide the most bang for your buck performance modification available. Removing the catalytic converter you are able to reduce heat, save weight and provide significant power gains at a reasonable cost.

Soul Performance Products 987.2 Competition Headers - Detail.jpg Soul Performance Products 987.2 Competition Headers - Product.jpg

Our LONG TUBE STREET HEADERS are built around large diameter, free flowing HJS HD 200-cell catalytic converters with long tube runners for maximum gains in power, throttle response, and flat-six engine tone. Add performance without throwing a check engine light.

Soul Performance Products 987.2 Street Headers - Product.jpg Soul Performance Products 987.2 Street Headers - Heat Cycled.jpg

DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING: By creating unique applications for the 987.2 platform, we’ve focused on sizing our header runners (2”) and collectors correctly to extract maximum power from the 3.4L engine while producing great gains from the 2.9L as well.

During dyno testing on a Dynojet, we experienced max gains of 8 whp and 11 ft-lbs of torque at 4,100 RPM on the Soul project Cayman S (PDK) with our Long Tube Street Headers and Exhaust. Competition Headesr + Valved Exhaust unlocked 9 whp and 10 ft-lbs of torque at 4,100 RPM

Soul Performance Parts 987.2 Competition Package - Dyno Chart.jpg

CONSTRUCTION: Our precision engineered headers are meticulously fabricated from T304L stainless steel. Proven design elements including port matched flanges, smooth radius primary tubing, and collectors that optimize the exhaust flow all work in conjunction to maximize power gains. Every component is rigorously quality-checked prior to shipping.

Each system is made from mandrel bent T304L stainless steel tubing and features mufflers with fortified casings in the interest of durability. You can order the exhaust to suit your specific aesthetic desires – select from our Signature Satin or a full polish finishes, with tips of your choosing.

BOLT ON AND GO: Each product is tested in a fixture to ensure perfect fitment. Thorough installation instructions are included in the box for a straightforward install that can be performed by most DIY enthusiasts.

LIFETIME WARRANTY: Enjoy your Soul exhaust components with confidence on both the street and track as they are covered for life! Our team will quickly work with you to resolve any issues or questions that you may have. We cover our HJS catalytic converters with an unprecedented 3 year warranty while the headers themselves are backed by our Lifetime Warranty.
All of our components are in stock, let me know if you have any questions or would like to get set up with Soul today!

More photos to follow!​

·
Registered
617 Posts
More products are always welcome.
How the valve of the exhaust is operated?

536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More products are always welcome.
How the valve of the exhaust is operated?
Thanks, Croc999! The valves can be operated in different ways depending on the spec of your car. If equipped with PSE, you can operate the valves via the already existing OEM button. If your car does not have the PSE, you can operate the valves via a key fob that is included with the exhaust. We provide detailed installation guides and reference material to make the install a breeze!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Preparation for shipment! We foam pack every product to ensure your Soul products arrive in perfect condition. We work with the foam company to evaluate every product for best shipping practices - how we can fit the products into the smallest appropriate box while providing ample protection. We include installation instructions that are also a packing checklist. Headers are double checked in our fixtures and leak tested prior to shipping. The Long Tube Street Headers include new hardware which you also see. We include a microfiber towel to wipe the exhaust components down after installation to minimize the oils smoking off during your first session.

536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These look nice. Not so sure about your name, maybe if I was buying music equipment. :)
Thank you! The name is derived from the fact that we were unhappy with experiences we were seeing some customers have, so we decided to make customer service our primary objective. :)

536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Satin Black tips are now available in both slash cut and straight cut for our Boxster / Cayman Valved Exhausts! We take our signature satin tips and have them PVD coated for a long lasting, extremely durable finish.The tips are a beautiful satin finish with a black chrome SOUL logo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Does the valved system remember the open/closed setting from the last time the car was shut off, or does it default to Open (or closed) every time it is started?

536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the valved system remember the open/closed setting from the last time the car was shut off, or does it default to Open (or closed) every time it is started?
Like most systems it will always start with valves open due to a lack of vacuum to keep the valves closed. On our 987.2 S we just tap the HomeLink button to close the valves while the car is cranking on startup.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I notice there is a check valve between the engine vacuum source and the vacuum solenoid. The OEM PSE doesn't have this AFAIK, but I notice that the install kits from Soul, Fabspeed, and Carnewal all have the check valve. Can you tell me the purpose of the check valve?

536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I notice there is a check valve between the engine vacuum source and the vacuum solenoid. The OEM PSE doesn't have this AFAIK, but I notice that the install kits from Soul, Fabspeed, and Carnewal all have the check valve. Can you tell me the purpose of the check valve?
The check valve ensures that at full throttle the vacuum solenoid receives adequate vacuum to keep the valves closed. PSE does not have this built in and the valves will open at higher RPM / higher throttle input.

Here's the check valve in operation - we've hooked up our display 991.1 Carrera Valved Exhaust up to a vacuum source (how we check valve operation on every system before shipping). Valves are closed to start - notice how removing the vacuum source with check valve in place keeps the valves shut - once you remove the check valve the valves open.

-Mike

536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you still respond to the [email protected] address? I had two emails go unanswered.
Well it looks like we're having some technical difficulties with that email address right now! I apologize for that, can you forward the emails to [email protected] and we'll take care of you immediately? You can call us as well.

-Mike S

1 - 20 of 59 Posts