Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"If you are going to have a roof over your head, make it a turbo charged one".

Yes, I'm currently traveling and in touch with different sources. I can't judge the credibility of this source but he said to expect the announcement this year for a 911 Targa turbo !!!!

Whether this is going to be the start of the downsized 991.2 Carrera/Targa turbo generation or a mighty 991.1 Targa version of the 991.1 turbo, I don't know. But I'm afraid it'll be the heaviest 911 turbo in history.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gentlemen, this Targa turbo is snowballing as I heard some dealers are having a waiting list for it.

Even if one is not interested here in a Targa at all, still this is big news. It either means Porsche is starting with the Carrera turbo lineup, or they're extending their current 911 variants with a 991 turbo in a Targa form.

Can anybody in Germany or the USA check with his dealer if there's any ground to the above, please? Kindly check with large dealers like Champions in the USA who are more likely to be aware of such news. Small dealers may have no clue.

I'm back to Saudi Arabia now and I'll be meeting with my dealer soon to confirm this at my end in case he knows.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To conclude this thread, here's the feedback I got from my source:

the Targa will be turbo charged similar to the Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S later on but will not be a mighty 911 turbo in Targa form. And it will not be released this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts