Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if other members are having the same problem I am.

Everytime I use the porsche air pump that came with the car, it keep burning the 7.5 amp fuse, I would change the fuse and it would burn it again every other time, so I can never use the air pump.

Tks

·
Registered
446 Posts
what power socket are you using ? you can only use the cig lighter socket, not the one in the footwell. check your manual

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the same thing the first time. You used the accessory socket which is 7.5. Plug into the cig lighter which is 15 amp.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried both socket, the one inside the armrest, which blew the 7.5amp fuse everytime, and the 2nd socket near the passenager left leg area above the Bose subwoofer, that one would work sometimes, then it would blow the fuse.

Are you guys using the one on abover the bose subwoofer socket? I guess its call the accessory socket? and NOT the one in the armrest?

Tks

I did the same thing the first time. You used the accessory socket which is 7.5. Plug into the cig lighter which is 15 amp.

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I tried both socket, the one inside the armrest, which blew the 7.5amp fuse everytime, and the 2nd socket near the passenager left leg area above the Bose subwoofer, that one would work sometimes, then it would blow the fuse.

Are you guys using the one on abover the bose subwoofer socket? I guess its call the accessory socket? and NOT the one in the armrest?

Tks
There are 3 power outlets - you want to use the "cigarette lighter" outlet in the ashtray (in front of the armrest) for the pump - not the one in the armrest or passenger footwell.

·
Registered
992 Posts

Tks
Jeez just how many flat tires have you had?

·
Registered
648 Posts
This happens to me all the time, can't use that pump, bought a different one with a battery that you charge up as an alternative.

G

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I use the Porsche pump all the time to adjust my pressures.
Open ashtray, remove cigarrette lighter element, plug pump into cigarrette lighter. I've never blown a fuse.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Knock on wood have not had one yet :)

But when you are running JIC CROSS coils and 20" rims, you loose couple pounds a week. You have to add in air 1.5 weeks usually.

Jeez just how many flat tires have you had?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, tks guys, totally forgot about the cig lighter one, I don't smoke.. I'll give that a shot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is off this thread but what the heck.

Speaking of the cig lighter, just what is the rectangular space by the lighter for? Is it for a pack of smokes? I find it odd that there is a lighter and perhaps a place for a pack of smokes but no ash tray. I don't mind since I don't smoke and NO ONE will ever smoke in my Cayman but I find it odd that there is a lighter.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
The round hole is to snuff the cig when your done with it, and the rectangular plastic space is for ashes and the snuffed cigs. The whole thing comes out to empty the ashes.

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
I also did this the first time and then read the manual..........I do not use the Porsche pump any longer, I suspect it is pretty light duty rated. I bought a decent <$50 to keep the tires at proper pressure. In Florida, my permanent home, I have a compressor and tank that I use but while working in Birmingham, this small pump suffices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts