Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: 2015 Geneva Motor Show, Porsche, Coupe, Performance
Porsche just introduced the Cayman GT4, with its 3.8-liter flat-six churning out 385 horsepower. But according to Evo, the German automaker is already looking at an even more hardcore GT4 RS.Continue reading Porsche already considering even more hardcore Cayman GT4 RS?
Porsche already considering even more hardcore Cayman GT4 RS? originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 06 Mar 2015 15:44:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
I am convinced that Porsche gets it now. I hope I am not wrong.

Let each platform reach its potential and allow the market place to drive sales. Stop protecting the 911.

Take the gloves off and win!

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
ROFL

The only thing they got is that ...

GT4 buyers got screwed. There is going to be so much buyers remorse because if "only" they had waited. But NO, they had to RUSH out and buy the first thing that hit the street

Everyone knows that once a GT car is made, the RS car comes before the RSR car. Duh. :) You'd think the track guys would be lining up with deposits to get a GT4RSR as a real track toy like the 911 guys pick up Cup cars for track days. It will have to be much cheaper.

GT2<GT2RS
GT3<GT3RS
GT4<GT4RS

YUP, GT4 buyers in line, they got screwed, Now the real question is, I hope all the potential buyers learned from last time and got their deposit down a year ago. ;)

edit:; Seriously, Can you imagine just getting delivery on your new GT4, after waiting 8 months to get it, and find out that for $15K (an estimate based upon GT3RS prices) more you can have the RS version, which will be limited edition as RS cars are? I'd be crying all day. :(

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
We'll just buy one of each.

Reactions: chows4us

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OK. I predicted this would happen with the Euro falling from US $1.39 to $1.10 this past year. And a lot of smart people expect the Euro to be below $1.00 soon. This is a bonanza for Porsche if they can maintain production rates at ever higher US prices. Further, they just introduced the 500 hp US version of the New GT3. And Ruf just jumped on the bandwagon with their 525 hp RGT 4.2 that offers a manual transmission. So Porsche has to keep upping the ante to keep future orders coming in.

Last week a dealer offered to put me in first place for a GT4 order if I agree to order a GTS at a discount. I'm thinking of holding out for the GT4. My present 2014 CS is a lot of fun while I wait, and I think I'll get my chance at a 3.8L Cayman. If I don't, there should be more GTS coming on the market over the next year or two. I'm retired and don't think I can justify buying both a New GTS and a new GT4 in the next 2 years. What do u guys think?

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
OK. I predicted this would happen with the Euro falling from US $1.39 to $1.10 this past year. And a lot of smart people expect the Euro to be below $1.00 soon. This is a bonanza for Porsche if they can maintain production rates at ever higher US prices. Further, they just introduced the 500 hp US version of the New GT3. And Ruf just jumped on the bandwagon with their 525 hp RGT 4.2 that offers a manual transmission. So Porsche has to keep upping the ante to keep future orders coming in.

Last week a dealer offered to put me in first place for a GT4 order if I agree to order a GTS at a discount. I'm thinking of holding out for the GT4. My present 2014 CS is a lot of fun while I wait, and I think I'll get my chance at a 3.8L Cayman. If I don't, there should be more GTS coming on the market over the next year or two. I'm retired and don't think I can justify buying both a New GTS and a new GT4 in the next 2 years. What do u guys think?
Well the Euro has nothing to do with anything in regards to US prices. Do not expect any cars to be cheaper. Prices never go down, only up and we get them cheaper than elsewhere in the world anyway. Be glad you don't live in Oz:eek:

Personally, I would not plan on any more GT4 cars to arrive. I know what AP said and I know what dealers say. Rumors spread all over the internet. It doesn't make it true. Plan on a one year run and if they make it too, then great. If not, then so be it.

If you want a GT4, then put a deposit on a MY17 now. Today. Run, do not walk, to your dealer and do it. Or put the deposit down on a GT4RS. I hope you get what you want. But also understand EXACTLY what you are getting. Remember, an RS model will be more hard core. Understand how stiff it will be. Understand the ground clearances. Understand the tire limitations, etc.

Do not expect a GTS model in MY17. For the sports cars, the GTS models are parts bin specials, pieced together in the last or second to last year of production to boost sagging sales. Mostly cosmetic and a minor power bump, unless you want those cosmetic bits, they are not, IMO, worth the dollars. If you want the cosmetics (and tiny HP bump), then you will get a discount vice just buying them on the S car. But the fundamentals are that they are a marketing technique to boost sales at the end of a production cycle.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well the Euro has nothing to do with anything in regards to US prices. Do not expect any cars to be cheaper. Prices never go down, only up and we get them cheaper than elsewhere in the world anyway. Be glad you don't live in Oz:eek:
Yes, be very glad u don't live in Oz... altho if u do, u wld have seen Porsche actually drop their price in the past: Drive - Porsche Cuts Prices Across Entire Range

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If the Euro goes to $.80-.90 as predicted, Porsche ain't cutting prices. We all know that. There is a lot of competition in the premium sports car space and some OEMS are willing to offer incentives in that scenario. In that event, Porsche will have to raise the bar on product offerings to get those US $$$$$$. So yes, a Cayman GT4 RS is possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts