Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently saw an email promoting Porsche auto insurance. It is only available in Oregon, Illinois, and Georgia at the moment - but I was intrigued.

I ended up switching.

Their pricing tool is incredibly easy to get a quote with no human interaction, hard sales tactics.

Insurance is only for your Porsche (not other cars in your family)

You pay a base rate, then you pay for the miles you drive on top of that. As I only put about 5-6k miles per year on my Porsche, I was paying a huge add-on cost using traditional insurance.

Coverage is as good / better than what I had previously and I will be saving $500 per year in premiums.

Their phone representatives were excellent, fast to pickup, knowledgeable, efficient (American)

You can also set your replacement value amount. In the event you get totaled, you get that payout. Therefore you can account for mods or replacement car taxes.

Really impressed, so far.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Who's the carrier ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some info I found...
Mile Premier LLC, DBA Porsche Auto Insurance, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mile Auto, Inc

Mile is a very new company, and we recommend caution when buying a product of any kind from a company without a strong track record—car insurance is no exception. The lack of long-term reviews about Mile's pricing or customer service is our biggest concern about the company, and only time will tell whether Mile Auto Insurance can meet the expectations of drivers regarding affordable rates, customer service and claims satisfaction.
The good news is that from a financial perspective, Mile Auto is in strong standing. Its coverage is backed by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a medium-sized insurer based in Florida that has been operating since 1996. Lyndon Southern Insurance Company received an A- ("excellent") rating from A.M. Best. Policyholders can feel confident that Mile Auto can pay claims made to the insurer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts