Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I was looking at one of suncoast items, the new PORSCHE badge in chrome replacing the cayman S badge,does any have pics or might already have one installed

Carlos

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Don't have any photos (yet) but I've see this in person at some events. It's basically the standard hood badge but with all the gold colored areas in silver. Makes for a nice monochrome theme for those with black or gray cars.

I don't believe it's an official Porsche part and I remember a big controversy a few years ago when Porsche tried to crack down on some vendors selling this modified badge.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have any photos (yet) but I've see this in person at some events. It's basically the standard hood badge but with all the gold colored areas in silver. Makes for a nice monochrome theme for those with black or gray cars.

I don't believe it's an official Porsche part and I remember a big controversy a few years ago when Porsche tried to crack down on some vendors selling this modified badge.
I think you are talking about the Porsche logo, I was refering ot the PORSCHE lettering instead of the cayman S on the trunk.. suncoast is selling those letters I was just wondering if someone already installed one to see the look and I did like it .. its like the panamera, has the panamera and also the porsche lettering..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Emblem Replacement - Chrome

Hey guys,

I looked around and couldn't find any discussion talking about replacing the "Cayman S" lettering with a chrome "Porsche" lettering for the rear of the car. The guys over at Suncoast were great at talking through their experiences with people who had this change. I was able to get some pictures, but none on a Cayman. I will be posting some pictures once I get this done in the next couple weeks. As a newbie, I want to say this board has become my new hobby at work! :dance:

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Re: Emblem Replacement - Chrome

I think it's kind of a cool, low key change that about 99.9% of people won't realize isn't factory original. I think I will just keep my Cayman S badge.

Plus, I'm glad you found something to do at work. ;)

Chuck

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Not sure how that would look on a smaller car (Cayman). On the Panamera it is fine. Please post pics if you do do it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Guys, I just put the new badge on...looks GREAT!!!!!! :banana:

I really think this is the best change I've made to my car so far that is affordable. It's such a clean look with the chrome finish.

The letters are not too big OR too small. I'll post pics once I learn how to use my new digital camera.

JP

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, I just put the new badge on...looks GREAT!!!!!! :banana:

I really think this is the best change I've made to my car so far that is affordable. It's such a clean look with the chrome finish.

The letters are not too big OR too small. I'll post pics once I learn how to use my new digital camera.

JP
hey can you post some pictures? angle ones

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here are a few pictures we have of a Suncoast version of the Dutch 911 Special Edition car. Let me know what you think!

Emblem is 100% Porsche Factory
Find it at www.SuncoastParts.com

and a few more pictures

Just a side shot....

We have several of the emblems in stock. Any questions? Please feel free to call or email

visit our website at www.SuncoastParts.com

Thanks
Aaron
1-877-923-1700
[email protected]

·
Beach Nut
99 Posts
Looks like my 70 911, except mine were gold because I had the S trim package.

And the letters were spaced a bit farther apart.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took off the "cayman" and put the P O R S C H E logo in chrome.:dance:

WOW! really does chage the car IMO. It adds a little richness to it, I've very happy with it.

Thanks suncoast porsche ! Great website!:thanks:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I added this to my '05 Boxster and think it looks sharp. I didn't like how the 997 above has the letter close together, so I spaced mine to look like the new Panamera.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just ordered some from Porscheshop in the UK.

As they are individual letters, how do you keep them straight across the boot lid when sticking them on ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts