Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
'Thrill of the Chase'. The only book, that I know of, written specifically about the development of the Cayman. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Thrill of the Chase is the only dedicated Cayman book I have found, but it is a puff piece put out by the company. Paul Frere's book, the Porsche Boxster Story, has real information, and a chapter devoted to the Cayman. There are a lot of other very fine volumes covering Porsche; some of the later ones have Cayman information.
Marty

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
PORSCHE: The Road From Zuffenhausen (2003) by Dennis Adler

A very nicely illustrated history of Porsche (the man and the cars); unfortunately it predates the Cayman, but it is a terrific coffee-table book.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
This is considered close to if not "definitive".

Porsche: Excellence Was Expected
The Comprehensive History of the Company, its Cars and its Racing Heritage
by Karl Ludvigsen
Hardcover, 9 1/2 in. x 10 1/2 in.
Three volume set in slipcase, 1,688 pages
1854 color and b/w photos/illustrations
ISBN-13: 978-0-8376-0235-6
Price: $299.95

·
Registered
380 Posts
I got "The Thrill of the Chase" for XMas and was disappointed (lots of pics - great if you have a silver one) but no details of the cars actual development.

I'd love to find a book that actually discusses the hows and what fors of our Cayman's development. With lots of pics, of course.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
This is considered close to if not "definitive".

Porsche: Excellence Was Expected
The Comprehensive History of the Company, its Cars and its Racing Heritage
by Karl Ludvigsen
Hardcover, 9 1/2 in. x 10 1/2 in.
Three volume set in slipcase, 1,688 pages
1854 color and b/w photos/illustrations
ISBN-13: 978-0-8376-0235-6
Price: $299.95
Absolutely no other Porsche book can compare to this! It is the grand daddy of them all.

·
Registered
674 Posts
This is a great book if you're interested in learning about the mechanical evolution and technology of Porsches:

Amazon.com: Porsche: The Engineering Story (9781844252046): Jeff Daniels: Books

Jeff Daniel's other book (general car related, not Porsche specific) is now out of print, but is phenomenal: Amazon.com: Car Technology Book: Modern Car Systems Explained (9781859608111): Jeff Daniels: Books I just realized it's now selling for 5 times what I paid for my copy. Usually a good indication of the quality of the content to see that happen with out of print books.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts