Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Porsche Boxster Spyder from LA Auto Show

8K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  balboa 
#1 ·
I spent the day with the folks over at Porsche at the Los Angeles Auto Show. And I must say that the Porsche Boxster is pretty fantastic.

Here are some photos. I have some more let me know if you guys want me to post more.

See less See more
#9 ·
Wish they would have had one with the Alcantra interior option, really want to see how it looks. I think it might be one of those must have options, looks wise.

The video did show pretty well how the top goes on and where it is stored. I wonder if a clear cover can be made for the engine on the spyder.

#15 · (Edited)
My wife and I had the pleasure of attending the premier last night. The reaction to the Spyder was universally positive, and the car looks better in person than the photos. I'll go through my pictures and see if I have anything worth adding - no interior pics, they wouldn't let me up on the turntable.

#19 ·
Again, I like the look, but the top turns me off. Yes, I realize it is suppose to be like the old Spyder and will only be used in an emergency, but parking the car somewhere and leaving the top off or having to put it together before leaving the car doesn't do it for me.

#23 ·
I wish I was back in the states right now, the internet here in Dubai is to slow for me. Way to much buffering when trying to watch the videos and the Picture pages take for ever.

But I think I will be asking my driver to stop by the Porsche Dealer on the way back from the airport so I can put down a deposit on a Spyder. I am going to see if I can get a sweet deal if I agree to a later allocation. I am loving this spyder but I am afraid that the dealers are not going to want MSRP or more on an order. If that is the case I might just have to hold off and see if they really do fly off the lots or if at the end of next year there are a few sitting around with deals to be had.

#25 · (Edited)
Is the US model coming without the bumperettes?
I wouldn't expect so.

Interestingly, in the photos posted above; namely the ones where the are fitting the roof, the don't fit the part the goes behind the wind-stop/roll bar. This roof part was also omitted in the video of the car. I wonder why ???

#27 ·
I like the third brake light bar between the humps, but I do not like the clumsy attachment points. They should have molded the entire thing together instead of making it look like a separate piece that was stuck on there as an afterthought.

#31 ·
This car as all spyders before are a niche product, even for Porsche. If you need an automatic, quiet roof this is not for you, don't worry, get a Boxster or Cab.

Clear engine cover????? It is a Boxster, acces to the engine is under the tup where the soft top goes so how would you be able to see the engine even with a clear cover?

Agree that they never showed putting on the full top, not with the aft and side windschott/side curtains whatever.

The door sling does have more of a function as it actually unlocks the door to open it. Thought it was just like a pull handle.

#37 ·
Loved the Sunday morning drive video. I can attest that Carmel Valley Road, Laureles Grade and 17 Mile Drive make for spectacular drives in the Cayman and great weekly rides on the bike. What a perfect spot to showcase the new Spyder. If only the garage was a bit bigger...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.