Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this e-mail from Porsche:

Technology Upgrade for your Porsche Car Connect Module

We are writing to inform you about a change to the Porsche Car Connect services available on your 2017 Cayenne GTS [VIN: WPXXXXXX].

As wireless technology continues to evolve, telecommunications providers in North America are transitioning from their 3G networks to focus their resources on more advanced technology. AT&T made a decision to sunset their 3G network on February 22nd, 2022. Unfortunately, this decision is beyond Porsche’s control.

As a result, the following Porsche Car Connect services* previously offered in your Cayenne GTS will be impacted:

Remote Services, Safety Services, and Security Services.

We are pleased to offer you a technology upgrade to replace the existing 3G connectivity module with a 4G LTE module free of charge for parts and labor. This product will be available at your authorized Porsche dealership in late December 2021**.

What you should do.

If you wish to continue uninterrupted Porsche Car Connect subscription services, please plan to make an appointment at your dealership in late December and complete the technology upgrade before February 22nd 2022. With an active subscription, your Porsche Car Connect Services can continue to function after the technology upgrade.

Please feel free to reach out to our Porsche Connect team at 1-800-PORSCHE (1-800-767-7243) should you have any questions.
*Navigation & Infotainment package and WiFi package are not affected.
**Availability of the 4G LTE connectivity module can vary per dealership.
I'm guessing it will also apply other models that have a 3G cellular connection for their Connect services.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, just a heads up on this TSB/recall. Had a call from my SA yesterday telling me that Porsche is suspending this (at least for my flavor of Cayenne - 2016 SeH) due to issues of no-start after installation. I am taking it in for it's 50k and intermediate service next week and will learn more hopefully.

· Registered
22 Posts
I received a similar email:

As a Porsche Car Connect Services customer, we are pleased to offer you an opportunity to purchase a technology upgrade** to replace the existing 3G connectivity module with 4G LTE one. This product will be available at your authorized Porsche dealership beginning in late February 2022.

What you should do.
If you wish to continue uninterrupted Porsche Car Connect subscription services, please plan to make an appointment at your dealership to purchase an upgrade.

Does anyone know if this will be covered or a costly service?

· Registered
3,475 Posts
Interesting. This is probably the reason that last fall Mercedes switched from ATT to T-Mobile for their version - called "Mercedes Me connect". I don't remember having a recall for modification so the service carrier change was transparent to the owners. I think they just pushed out a firmware update.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.