Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can I ask? X73 you appear to know the 981 and how to live the life. How is the exhaust system on your car configured?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Based on that clip, PSE sounds immensely better IMO. If it was my car, I'd wait until I could swing a PSE and call it a day, but that's just me;). And think of it this way: After you sell it on your own, your actual expense would probably be less than any other alternative. If you have the funds in the bank giving you 0.1% interest, you could enjoy the best sounding exhaust for years for the minimum actual expense;). Yes, you could end up with the same minimum actual expense with an aftermarket (initial cost minus selling cost), but if don't have the extra grand sitting around somewhere, you shouldn't be driving a Porsche. Okay, I'm done trying to convince you. Ha ha.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Idk I just listened to PSE vs the Cantrell mod... I think the latter sounds better. PSE sounds more hollow with weird fake loud popping. The mod sounds raspy and direct.

PSE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pfHc_KSsTA

Cantrell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3kgQEBXmtg

Honestly the way the recording is done can make an exhaust sound completely different. Nonetheless, my experience with PSE was it sounded really similar to stock, but more 'character sounds.'

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
PSE sounds more hollow with weird fake loud popping.
That has nothing to do with PSE hardware. Since you can clearly hear it with the Carnewal modification, it has something to do with sport mode. I don't know if cars factory-equipped with PSE make it worse. And that being the case, if non-factory PSE cars would be the same. I don't particularly like it, and prefer not to have that... but don't dislike it either. For the incredible sound it makes, it's a small price to pay for me;). PSE sounds much more robust and powerful IMO. The other sounds like a 1L engine:).

At any rate, we're not talking Civic exhausts here. If you spent the money on an H6 Porsche, even if you didn't buy it new, or just a base, or not fully-loaded, it's almost a crime not leaving enough money for PSE, either from the factory or afterwards. But that's just my opinion:taunt:. And as mentioned, when you factor selling price, it's not an extra expense. You just have more money tied up to it that you'd recover when selling, so basically a 0% investment over a modification;). But boy, the rewards you'd get from that, especially if you just have the same grand+ sitting in your bank account at 0.1%. But again, to each his own. No more trying to sell PSE after this:). Have a great weekend folks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That has nothing to do with PSE hardware. Since you can clearly hear it with the Carnewal modification, it has something to do with sport mode. I don't know if cars factory-equipped with PSE make it worse. And that being the case, if non-factory PSE cars would be the same. I don't particularly like it, and prefer not to have that... but don't dislike it either. For the incredible sound it makes, it's a small price to pay for me;). PSE sounds much more robust and powerful IMO. The other sounds like a 1L engine:).

At any rate, we're not talking Civic exhausts here. If you spent the money on an H6 Porsche, even if you didn't buy it new, or just a base, or not fully-loaded, it's almost a crime not leaving enough money for PSE, either from the factory or afterwards. But that's just my opinion:taunt:. And as mentioned, when you factor selling price, it's not an extra expense. You just have more money tied up to it that you'd recover when selling, so basically a 0% investment over a modification;). But boy, the rewards you'd get from that, especially if you just have the same grand+ sitting in your bank account at 0.1%. But again, to each his own. No more trying to sell PSE after this:). Have a great weekend folks.
Want to spare me a PSE :)

You make some fair but it's such a subjective decision from start to finish--some people don't even get buying the PSE just for vanity/sounds and no performance gain. I debated it greatly (and even just this last week considered PSE) after hearing it on a CGTS I considered the trade...but really I think the Carnewal is better for me putting it conservatively (and again subjectively) at least 50% as great and cost 1k vs 3-4K compared to the PSE. Also definitely less drone if any with Carnewal. All factors considered I think I'll keep the Carnewal for now. I tried an actual "performance exhaust" and the drone killed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Incurable Gearhead
942 Posts
Externally it should look no different than stock. All clamps are reused and the sleeve remains as is.

Reactions: 512TXS

·
Incurable Gearhead
942 Posts
I was fortunate enough to live near a fellow member who offered it up for sale. (y)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts