Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past 3 months I've had a issue with my brake pedal pumping up solid and brake fade, then the abs light comes on, it seems to be worse in traffic...

·
Registered
339 Posts
By fade are you describing the pedal going toward the floor under foot pressure? Check the fluid, fill and observe. If that continues and there is fluid loss it could be a master cylinder or a leak in the system elsewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By fade are you describing the pedal going toward the floor under foot pressure? Check the fluid, fill and observe. If that continues and there is fluid loss it could be a master cylinder or a leak in the system elsewhere.
By fade I mean that the brake pumps up so hard and there is no travel and the brake is barely efficient, got a feeling its to do with the vacuum.... Also been told may have something to do with the Speed sensors at the wheels..

·
Registered
452 Posts
It sounds as if there is a problem with the vacuum booster for the brakes. It could be a problem with the source of the vacuum (usually the intake manifold on non-turbo cars) or the booster itself. In any case - it would seem you might want to get this attended to before you rear-end some poor sap putting them and you in the hospital.

If it were the speed sensors (triggering the ABS) you'd feel a chatter in the brake pedal. Chances of this are slim.

Reactions: Pauledwardb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep I'm guessing the vacuum, had to fix the hand brake at weekend as the hand brake mech decided to fall apart, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts