Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has suggestions if its better to buy a CPO porsche cayman GTS, i found a white 2018 cayman gts, only 200 miles but not CPO, is it better to buy a CPO? thanks, I am new to porsche but always dreamed of owning one.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
CPO provides you a warranty, but you will pay several thousand extra for it (embedded in the cost). You have to decide if the cost is worth it to you. If Porsche will CPO the car, you can be pretty sure that there are no major issues.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I think it’s definitely worth as both of my Porsche’s are CPO. There‘ s 2 distinct advantages IMO.

- You have the reassurance of up to 6 years of coverage.

- I believe it increases resale value if you resell in a few years the CPO and its benefits passes onto the new buyer and they have the “ comfort ” of CPO.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Anyone has suggestions if its better to buy a CPO porsche cayman GTS, i found a white 2018 cayman gts, only 200 miles but not CPO, is it better to buy a CPO? thanks, I am new to porsche but always dreamed of owning one.
With 200 miles on it the car was probably a demo or dealer car. It is probably still subject to the original warranty. Is it being sold as new or used? Porsche will not CPO a new vehicle. If it is used, the CPO warranty is 6 years from the original date that the car was put in service, not 6 years from your purchase. The cost for the CPO warranty is probably around 3K, if available. Your call on the value of the warranty. If it is a new car, warranty is 4 years. Since it is a 2018, if it was put in service in 2018 your warranty would extend to 2024, if it is sold as new and not put into service until now, warranty would be 4 years or until 2023.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts