Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm sorry but that 3rd old pic REALLY makes me prefer the classic Porsche 987 shape. I know I'm biased and that may not be popular but it is what it is. Nothing wrong with 981 and I'd take one in a heartbeat but my preference is old school Porsche.

Sent from my StarTrek communicator using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Sick Cayman. What kind of skirt package is that? That GT3 front end just makes the Cayman look like a beast. I'd love to see some photos directly from behind.

Edit: Meant to say what kind of flares are those on the wheel wells. I like how it widens the car but your spacers must be quite wide as well.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It's ridiculous to me how great the 987.1 still looks! I love my 07!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
One of the best looking caymans I've seen. Lot of thought (and $) have gone into those mods. I too prefer the looks of the 987 over the 981, but I'm probably biased or justifying. I also like the new look of your car better than the original. Very nicely done. Can u post a link to an online album of your car? I'd like to look at a lot more pics.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
As others have stated, yours is truly a great looking 987 that looks especially well prepared for tracking and high speed adventure. I too love the look of the 987, that's why I have one. Best wishes on the next 10 years:cheers:

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm sorry but that 3rd old pic REALLY makes me prefer the classic Porsche 987 shape. I know I'm biased and that may not be popular but it is what it is. Nothing wrong with 981 and I'd take one in a heartbeat but my preference is old school Porsche.

Sent from my StarTrek communicator using Tapatalk
It's the 4th old pic that gets me. I miss the "shoulders" on my old 987.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I'm curious, what is your chassis number? My '06 CS is # 3353.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The car is now officially ten years old! A few early photos...
Apparently your's was a very early model, and I believe it would have the "Press Finish" option (or an option similar to that) which would explain the Cayman script on the sides.
I have an early 987.2 Boxster with this option and the "Boxster" script.

Also FWIW, my '06 Cayman is number 784034 produced 3/2006.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts