Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PDK is such a competitive advantage, every other marque is dead to me. I would never buy an Audi with an automatic even if it has 500 HP. But PDK just takes the whole game to a new level. The only way to win is not to play, which means Tesla is a valid choice as it only has 1 gear.

On a track you know really well in a higher horsepower forced induction car (like my Audi), manual is fun because you only need 3rd and 4th to complete the entire course. Your only optimization problem is figuring out how to flick off a gear while the car is pointed in a straight line. PDK would have the advantage of letting you snap off a shift in a few places a human isn't quick enough to not upset the chassis, like in between esses. PDK can also take a sewing machine motor like the 2.7L and drop 4 gears to wake it up with an adrenaline shot of RPM.

·
Registered
143 Posts
just see my signature lol

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Seen the video and been on the track. PDK is a blast and on the track, in auto, it allows me to focus on the line, other cars, and breaking/acceleration points, which I believe (at my level) makes me faster.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd say savor the manual while you can. I understand dual clutch technology and its superiority but a traditional manual is simply more fun. To me its like 4 wheel drive vs 2 wheel drive. I know 4 wheel drive is superior, I just don't care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts