Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem recently with getting the oil drain plug off. As a number of others have experienced, I had the Allen head strip and had to use a tool to remove it. I read a number of reviews suggesting that I either did not insert the Allen bit all the way or previously had over tightened. I always use a torque wrench and I was diligent about the bit being inserted completely. When I purchased new plugs a few days ago I noticed they are different. Instead of being shiny these are dull and "feel" harder. I also noticed that they are stamped with an SKS and have a different part number, PAF-008-309-OEM. Some sites are no longer selling the old part of 900-219-020-31-OEM. But just a word of caution as I have not tried the new ones yet. I will be very careful with my current one as it is the old type. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Noticed same. Not only are the dull, but if you look at the thread cut up close with magnifier, it has is not a cleanly produced part. I'd say it is darn nasty. Porsche must have change supplier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts