Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Maybe the gloves are coming off. It always struck me as amazing that Porsche could nip the 987s wings a bit and not leave room for other manufacturers to out do them. The Lotus is maybe a more pure track car, but its shortcomings on the street make it a tough sell as a 'real' car. Alfa's 4C is drop dead gorgeous, but I haven't read a single review that would pick it over the Cayman. So despite their restraint it really has been the best pure sports car of its type.

I wonder if Porsche is feeling the heat from the Corvette, which with the launch of the C7 is now a world class sports car. I've driven a C7 on the track and it wasn't quite as nimble as the Cayman, but it was absolutely competent and for sure a lust worthy sports car. Given the performance advantage the Vette clearly has it feels like maybe Porsche's being forced to polish the jewel that is the 981 to compete. Thoughts? I mean something's motivated them.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Given the performance advantage the Vette clearly has it feels like maybe Porsche's being forced to polish the jewel that is the 981 to compete. Thoughts? I mean something's motivated them.
I hope it is so. Artificially underpowering your sports cars is a mad design philosophy and I hope somebody'll set Porsche straight.

Oh, and GT4 people got screwed! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts